No fancy headlights for 1250's from now.

I looked at converting my last GSA a 2018 model from halogen to led headlight and was told by BMW UK technical that it was not possible as the switchgear, wiring loom and ecu ? were all different
2018 should be led do you have the right age

I looked at converting my last GSA a 2018 model from halogen to led headlight and was told by BMW UK technical that it was not possible as the switchgear, wiring loom and ecu ? were all different

Then, I think the dealer has provided the wrong information.

LED retrofit is a published option.
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=0A02-EUR-03-2018-K51-BMW-R_1200_GS_Adve_0A02,_0A12_&diagId=77_0602

You change the lightcluster and the switchgear on the left handlebar (to allow for Daytime Running Lights).
Additionally, there will be some programming involved.

Sorry but the only model with LED headlights as standard was the TE model, the Basic always had it listed as a £1000 or so option

Purchased the basic in 2019 Sep. Arrived with with LED lights and the new dash. Extra was heated grips and cruise.

Purchased the basic in 2019 Sep. Arrived with with LED lights and the new dash. Extra was heated grips and cruise.

Was it a 1250 ?

In a dealers yesterday and a new r1250gsa te triple black was on display with a halogen headlamp, looked odd

I bought a new Harley recently and it came with standard incandescent turn signals instead of LEDs due to the supply chain challenges. Head and tail lights are LED though.

But, a few minutes on Amazon and the turn signals are now all LED. So HD can get the parts, but the aftermarket seems to be doing just fine.

I see a brand new version of my bike is the dealer yesterday with the halogen headlight, it looked awful but the salesman was trying to play it down

It’s not just our bikes, Porsche are having a similar issues supplying new orders with LEDs

Probably a Ukraine connection, surprising what the Ukraine supplied the motor industry in regard to electronics.

It’s not just our bikes, Porsche are having a similar issues supplying new orders with LEDs

Probably a Ukraine connection, surprising what the Ukraine supplied the motor industry in regard to electronics.

They also used to supply something like 70% of the world's Neon gas - which is important in semiconductor manufacture.

Not to mention 2 years ago all motor manufacturers were told ithat the 30+ year life cycle of chips is ending

Chip OEMS have decided that a much shorter lifecycle is the way to go (6-12 months)

Guess who won that one ;)

Re: 1300 GS and GSA

Hello everyone
In addition to the headlight issues, IÂ’ll also been informed the GS 1300 is on hold for about 2 years , as anyone else heard similar?

Hello and Good day!

I met the Branch Manager of a dealership in The Netherlands around mid-August 2022, and he had been to Berlin at BMW Motorrad a couple of weeks ago. Among other things, it seems they did inform the participants about the new 1300 GS/A situation. The dealer informed me that they could even officially mention it to the customers (as they do not want the customers worrying/being uncertain about the timing of ordering new bikes with newer models on the horizon, and to curtail the rumour mill to some extent, I guess), that:

a) The new GS (1300) would be sometime towards the end of 2023;

b) The new GSA (1300) would be in 2024 (don't remember the period, but sounded like later in the year);

More interestingly, he said that they are planning to make the bikes different from each other. I do not know exactly what this transpires to, but my understanding is that the bikes won't look similar to the untrained eyes as is the case today. Presently, for those who are not familiar, the GS and the GSA may look the same or more similar at least, from a distance. This won't be the case from the 2023/2024 versions it seems. They intend to present them almost as different bikes.

No news though as to whether or not the larger TFTs are coming to the GS models.

Interesting times ahead :)

Hope this helps.
Sathiya

I thought the Adventure version would be an R1400 ? Looking forward to the launch.....

LED Headlights possibly available from Dec. 2022

I am told , by my local dealer, that no fancy headlights available , so bikes are being supplied with Halogen headlights and a voucher. :jager

Met with a dealer in The Netherlands a couple of days back. He mentioned that he was able to see the light-package being available for orders from December 2022 - seems he also noted it only while ordering. So hopefully those wanting LED headlights could have them by the end of the year, though with the current supply situation, one never knows how long before another shortage situation arises.

Met with a dealer in The Netherlands a couple of days back. He mentioned that he was able to see the light-package being available for orders from December 2022 - seems he also noted it only while ordering. So hopefully those wanting LED headlights could have them by the end of the year, though with the current supply situation, one never knows how long before another shortage situation arises.

Love the way that internet rumours start.
In this case with the BMW factory tell the information to a dealer in the Netherlands who informs someone on a forum, but BMW HQ don't bother informing all the other dealers around the world.

i don't know about antiicpated delivery dates of the part

mine is due next week (or may be the week after if its stuck in a container at a port on strike) and you do get a voucher for the lights - why i don't know, i've been told it won't cost me anything so why give a voucher?

you have to keep the voucher 'safe' :nenau:yelrotflm

its like being five again

Love the way that internet rumours start.
In this case with the BMW factory tell the information to a dealer in the Netherlands who informs someone on a forum, but BMW HQ don't bother informing all the other dealers around the world.

As I mentioned, even the dealer did not know until he tried ordering, so it is not like the factory informed this dealer

Back
Top Bottom