No fancy headlights for 1250's from now.

Hello and Good day!

The new GS (1300) would be sometime towards the end of 2023;

Slipped by 6 mths if that indeed is the case

Hello and Good day!
No news though as to whether or not the larger TFTs are coming to the GS models.

Details of the GS were let out a year ago - not large tft on the GS. Suspect it might be on the GSA if a largely different offering.

Wouldn't worry too much about not having the new LED headlights - the self levelling ones are going wrong at an alarming rate when used off road. They just cannot take the vibrations and the low beam fails along with the levelling mechanism.

Failure of the light unit will not concern anyone with a new bike on pcp .
How many are failing , any info ?

Over 80 % of the ones used across Europe by the Off Road Schools for a start.
Admittedly thats not a large number compared to the amount that only go to Starbucks but if its used "properly " then they still should not be failing in that number. None of the previous ones were.

Wouldn't worry too much about not having the new LED headlights - the self levelling ones are going wrong at an alarming rate when used off road. They just cannot take the vibrations and the low beam fails along with the levelling mechanism.

So it's not going to affect 95% of GS riders on the way to Starbucks then :p

My 2014 GS LC was a basic model with halogen headlight. I was quite happy to save the money as I only rode it in the dark once or twice in 26,000 miles and it wasn't too bad anyway. One H7 bulb in five years was an acceptable failure rate too.

So the latest ‘Go anywhere ‘ bike , can’t do it in the dark after a few sessions off-road .

I’d like to see the reports though.

The world put all it's eggs in the chinese basket now we are at the mercy of the chinese who can now charge what they want.

My local dealer in France told me that they are just about to receive the led units to retrofit to all the bikes supplied with non-led lights

New orders will now have led

And the delivery delay for a new GS is now only 1 month …..!

Love the way that internet rumours start.
In this case with the BMW factory tell the information to a dealer in the Netherlands who informs someone on a forum, but BMW HQ don't bother informing all the other dealers around the world.

It was not like BMW informed the dealer; like i mention, it seems the dealer only noted when he was ordering (in their system) - so no outright communication, to my knowledge :) + the dealer did not inform me, i asked him out of interest; no interest in starting a rumour from my side.

New orders will now have led

And the delivery delay for a new GS is now only 1 month …..!

European orders will all now have LED as default. I ordered mine and was told that LED is default.

I was told 6 weeks lead time, but I'm guessing 2 weeks is shipping from Germany to Ireland.

My bike is currently in shipping, ready for a 2023 registration.

this may be a silly question to some but............

do BMW head office know that i should have LED lights but do not and when they are available they will contact me direct to arange fitment or do i have to keep botthering the dealer to make representation on my behalf to remind them i do not have them?

just wondering how it all works

are they hoping i forget??

this may be a silly question to some but............

do BMW head office know that i should have LED lights but do not and when they are available they will contact me direct to arange fitment or do i have to keep botthering the dealer to make representation on my behalf to remind them i do not have them?

just wondering how it all works

are they hoping i forget??
Simple answer is yes then when you sell the bike you get less as no led lights beaker then arranges new switches and an led headlight
Hay presto dealer gets more money for your old bike

Crap. My new GSA came complete with a voucher to the value of 500 Euro towards the LED light. We all know the reasons behind the current difficulties manufacturers have with various components. I do not mind at all, the halogen supplied are just fine. Better than my twin cam lights and much much better than the 6v I used to have to manage with way back when. The LED will happen asap. Our guys in Spain are looking to spring. End of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the lights won't be available. As soon as they are, they will go on new bikes.

However from BMWs point of view, nothing to worry about, as people will buy any old shite, with a promise they have half read.

Not to mention trade in prices plummeting. Sorry mate, we can't sell the halogen versions as easy.

i don't know about antiicpated delivery dates of the part

mine is due next week (or may be the week after if its stuck in a container at a port on strike) and you do get a voucher for the lights - why i don't know, i've been told it won't cost me anything so why give a voucher?

you have to keep the voucher 'safe' :nenau:yelrotflm

its like being five again
Did you have an actual physical voucher sent you ?

the lights won't be available. As soon as they are, they will go on new bikes.

However from BMWs point of view, nothing to worry about, as people will buy any old shite, with a promise they have half read.

Not to mention trade in prices plummeting. Sorry mate, we can't sell the halogen versions as easy.

Going back a month or so this thread.

Happy to report my light has been converted as promised. Great service from BMW.

Almost, but much quicker than quote “Never” lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which no one actually did quote?

Suppose if you do class that as great service you’re easily pleased. But there again you don’t know what a month is

Back
Top Bottom