Comparable non BMW bikes to GSA 1200 for the tall rider

Ive got a test ride on the Super Adventure S on Thursday. Might be the end of my BMW time (had 6 of them) as only have room in the garage for one bike (yes I know I should get a bigger garage)

Not a comparable bike but a recommendation for Marshalls BMW in Grimsby, they are a great dealership and Jessica in the service department is awesome.
I'm 6ft3in 32" in seam and moved the GS from a Varadero 1000, which was a great bike but I like the GS better. I've got a GSA Rallye at the minute but swapping back to a GS in September, I find Rallye a bit too heavy pushing it around loaded up.

I got great service from Teesdale’s in Thirsk. They have been a pleasure to deal with.

Just traded in the GSA for a KTM Super Adventure S, was served by the owner himself. Two weeks and I pick it up.

Apols for a bit of a thread hijack, but on the ktm theme, how does the super duke compare to the 1290 adv room wise and legroom? I’m 6’2, interested in something a bit lighter than the gsa, won’t be doing mega miles or carrying a pillion

If you are near Thirsk, Id pop in to Teasdale Motorcycles and try one or both out for size :)

Just a week to go and the GSA is almost de-farkled, will be selling PUIG screen, CyMark TFT, headlight and number plate deflector, as well as a RoadLok.

It has been the best BMW I’ve had (and I’ve had 6) but the KTM ticked a few more boxes for me, and Teasdale Motorcycles have been more pleasant to deal with than the BMW Twerps I’ve been forced to endure.

Try the Triumph Tiger Rally 1200, it is a tall bike and goes great.

Try the Triumph Tiger Rally 1200, it is a tall bike and goes great.

Try a Versys 1000, I moved from an R1200R to a Mk1 versys1000 some years back, at 6 foot I found it just right and lost the knee cramp problems I had both both my Beemers.

Thanks for the advice, KTM waiting at the dealer

Well the GSA has gone, and on the way to collect the KTM, I got a puncture!
All the repair tools were in my garage as the toolbox needs a new bracket for it to fit the ktm.
BMW assist did the opposite and green flag came to the rescue, I cancelled BMW as they were going to be at least 3 1/2 hours.

Attachments

• 4ED7820C-7826-44EC-B003-DDCA38B49AFC.jpg
    4ED7820C-7826-44EC-B003-DDCA38B49AFC.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 99
  • BA255E5D-9C62-459F-8520-E43C002959F2.jpg
    BA255E5D-9C62-459F-8520-E43C002959F2.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 102

Back
Top Bottom