Location for Dedicated Sat Nav New Style K16GT

k1300sporscheeater

Reaction score
Hi Folks . I’m a big K16GT Fan. In the next year I will probably invest in a new K16GT. I’m not big on tech at all and don’t really want to get involved with the new era of smartphone connectivity- TFT Screen/ connected app etc for navigation, for me , a technophobe, I don’t even want to begin to go there .
Subsequently, I’m interested in advice/ suggestions/ images of how other owners have possibly mounted dedicated Sat Navs ie Navigators/ Garmin / Tom Tom to either the old style or newly revamped K16GT other than the BMW Navigator in the cubby hole .
Any advice gratefully received.
Many thanks in advance.
Neil Carrington.

The easiest way is to buy an cradle arm.

Something like this, which bolts easily in place of the BMW roundel on the top of the steering column.

47d99cb4a8639c23dba21c5713b0c1ed.png

I bought one for my new 1600 but haven’t fitted it yet. It is very well made.

PS K1600 forum is the best place for info, not least as Americans bolt loads of stuff to their bikes.

Advice

Hi this is only my opinion before some people on here want to voice a negative comment if you have a inbuilt nav v1 holder I would buy a nav v1
On here there are always them for sale at great prices. They are so easy to use and if you want to get somewhere just type in the post code

I will probably invest in a new K16GT…..

Hi this is only my opinion before some people on here want to voice a negative comment if you have a inbuilt nav v1 holder I would buy a nav v1

Negative comment no. 1

The new 1600 does not have the cubbyhole for the Navigator.

Negative comment no. 2

The Navigator VI is a load of junk….. and I like Garmin products

positive comment 1 .The new sat nave (make life a ride ) is spot on...... and i hate Garmin

My ‘Make Life a Ride’ device went back to BMW, having developed all the faults of the earlier iteration of the device. I obtained a full refund.

Back
Top Bottom