Ancient Monuments Tour - Italy & Greece

Absolutely loved that ride report, engrossing, entertaining and definitely inspirational. Thanks for taking the time to post and I can’t wait to read of your next trip. :thumb:thumb

Absolutely loved that ride report, engrossing, entertaining and definitely inspirational. Thanks for taking the time to post and I can’t wait to read of your next trip. :thumb:thumb

Thanks, Dave...:thumb

Just finished reading it and I shall be setting aside some time later tonight to read it again without distractions...Thank you to both of you, it was utterly brilliant and because I have an interest in that period of history and locations that you visited.

I have been to Italy and done some of the places over there, including Pompei and need to go back, but the Greece section was stunning and I need to get my shit together and get my arse in gear soon.

I have done a lot in Turkey and I reckon you would love it, a lot of the sites are just laying abandoned and with no information other than what you can find at the sites, apart from Ephesus, which is another jewel and needs a couple of days to really get into it...I am going back 20 years here, so it may have changed a bit!

I need to get to Greece, you have inspired me!!!

Just finished reading it and I shall be setting aside some time later tonight to read it again without distractions...Thank you to both of you, it was utterly brilliant and because I have an interest in that period of history and locations that you visited.

I have been to Italy and done some of the places over there, including Pompei and need to go back, but the Greece section was stunning and I need to get my shit together and get my arse in gear soon.

I have done a lot in Turkey and I reckon you would love it, a lot of the sites are just laying abandoned and with no information other than what you can find at the sites, apart from Ephesus, which is another jewel and needs a couple of days to really get into it...I am going back 20 years here, so it may have changed a bit!

I need to get to Greece, you have inspired me!!!

Thanks, Dave....appreciate the comments. Greece was an eye opener for me and we barely scratched the surface and there's more than enough places to go back for....adding Turkey would make that an epic trip - something to think about! :beerjug:

Thanks again for taking the time to do this. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it at a breakfas meeting.
As for the ferry captain clobbering the harbour walls, how embarrassing for the poor woman.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it at a breakfas meeting.
As for the ferry captain clobbering the harbour walls, how embarrassing for the poor woman.

Thanks, Bill....if the ferry captain was a women, she had the best beard I've ever seen! :green gri

Just finished reading this on a wet Sunday morning waiting to go out on my Guzzi, brilliant, Greece looks Stunning.
I would have struggled with those temperatures though, well done to both of you.

Just finished reading this on a wet Sunday morning waiting to go out on my Guzzi, brilliant, Greece looks Stunning.
I would have struggled with those temperatures though, well done to both of you.

Many thanks for the comments....much appreciated.

A lovely and engaging ride report ,thanks for taking the time to post :thumb2 I have enjoyed being along on your trip :thumb2
I have been to some of these places on a bike trip before covid and had planned and booked to go with the missus again this year ( which hasn’t been possible ) so needed to cancel .
Been brilliant to enjoy your trip vicariously :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

A lovely and engaging ride report ,thanks for taking the time to post :thumb2 I have enjoyed being along on your trip :thumb2
I have been to some of these places on a bike trip before covid and had planned and booked to go with the missus again this year ( which hasn’t been possible ) so needed to cancel .
Been brilliant to enjoy your trip vicariously :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Many thanks for the comments, Sy....hope you get things sorted for a trip in the future. :thumb2

Many thanks for the comments, Sy....hope you get things sorted for a trip in the future. :thumb2
Tis looking a bit better than it was , into a chemo/ immunotherapy program starting Tuesday week , so I might get back out “ long hauling yet !
Thanks
SY

Brilliant report fair play. Think I would have struggled in those temperatures! :)

respect to the boss for sitting on the back for that in the heat

been aas far as the dolomites on the bike and have planned since to go to the corinth and athens for the presedential guard but its not happened (not just cos of covid)

not a surprised you were beeped and shouted at mandello :D

ees a good bike yes?

Tis looking a bit better than it was , into a chemo/ immunotherapy program starting Tuesday week , so I might get back out “ long hauling yet !
Thanks
SY

Fingers crossed for a full recovery, Sy...really hope you'll be out there on the road again soon! :comfort

respect to the boss for sitting on the back for that in the heat

been aas far as the dolomites on the bike and have planned since to go to the corinth and athens for the presedential guard but its not happened (not just cos of covid)

not a surprised you were beeped and shouted at mandello :D

ees a good bike yes?

We were just happy to be back out there doing what we love, although the temperatures were certainly higher than expected. And yes, ees a very good bike! :D

Back
Top Bottom