Motorcycle Hire/Rental

K9Morris

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Brother in law drove up from Devon for a weeks visit and fancied a couple of days ride out. Only place we could find that rented bikes was Harley Davidson in Gateshead. Now he rides a Multistrada but thought this could be fun. Took out a Streetglide for two days and much fun was had. The guy we dealt with at HD was Sam Khan, a real gent who couldn't have been more helpful and very very accommodating in what he could and couldn't do with the bike. Big shout out to Sam and HD Gateshead.

Now he rides a Multistrada but thought this could be fun. Took out a Streetglide for two days and much fun was had.

I was initially surprised by that, but then if you ride a multi, what's the point in hiring the same, how much more interesting to hire something completely different? It sounds like a real success, well done.

Nice to read a really positive post, too!

They quoted £99 per day for the streeglide and £120 for other models. Supposed to be back by 5pm but Sam initially said 12 the next day would be fine. When we turned up to collect it he then said as it wasn't going out for rental for the next few days we could return it for 5pm the following day for the same price (£99)-and the mileage was supposed to be limited to 200 per day but he would be flexible with that too. Can't say fairer than that which is why I thought it was well worth giving them a shout out if anyone else was considering trying something 'different'.

Makes a change from coopers then
I wonder if other dealers do the same in London
I think I’ll investigate

Back
Top Bottom