Something a little different but still a boxer!

Plenty of customised R18s being exhibited at the BMW Motorrad event in Berlin earlier this month. No price tags, I hate to think how much extra on top of the stock bike. Yet to an R18 on the road though. I quite like the look of K1600 Bagger but have only ever seen one of those on the road in Scotland. We should enjoy these motorcycle dinosaurs while we can, the future is green and not petrol powered.

I test rode the continental in hot and rainy weather. Goes like stink, front brakes take a while to get you stopped. I found it cramped to be honest and the rear brake pedal is kind of hidden away. Smooth gearbox surprisingly and nice controls but I would have needed a week or 2 to work out the menu and settings! Great looking and looks quality but not for me. Again, you swore never to change the t urban at ABR...lol. Enjoy

Plenty of customised R18s being exhibited at the BMW Motorrad event in Berlin earlier this month. No price tags, I hate to think how much extra on top of the stock bike. Yet to an R18 on the road though. I quite like the look of K1600 Bagger but have only ever seen one of those on the road in Scotland. We should enjoy these motorcycle dinosaurs while we can, the future is green and not petrol powered.

Indeed :thumb2 it’s nice to be on something a little less common but I still love the GSA. I’m getting over 50mpg on the R18 which I think is pretty good :)

I test rode the continental in hot and rainy weather. Goes like stink, front brakes take a while to get you stopped. I found it cramped to be honest and the rear brake pedal is kind of hidden away. Smooth gearbox surprisingly and nice controls but I would have needed a week or 2 to work out the menu and settings! Great looking and looks quality but not for me. Again, you swore never to change the t urban at ABR...lol. Enjoy

Agree the rear brake pedal is tight, so much for my promises eh :blast :D

They have done a great job on the hark back to the early Rs in styling. It is mahoosive though, you dwarf it... lock forward or number 8? :aidan

i was given the transcontinental as a loaner recently,couldnt wait to give it back,i wouldnt mind betting its not a keeper,sorry jon

You said you tried to look cool in the pictures but failed. I think you look super cool and it's obvious that you are in love with that bike. Good on you, it doesn't matter what others think. My mate has a Harley Road King. I don't like Harley's but it doesn't stop him loving it and I would love to have a go on it if it wasn't sorned. Enjoy the nice weather and go out posing. :thumb

Thanks for all the comments :thumb2

Funny enough, Chris (Urban Rider) and I went to Pinewood cafe in Wokingham this evening for a rekkie as there is a Bahnstormer’s ride out there next Tuesday, it was only the Harley Davidson club night there :blast :D

However, they were a really nice bunch and were very impressed with the R18 :thumb2 I take that as a big thumbs up if the HD guys like it :bow

Jon

Funny enough, Chris (Urban Rider) and I went to Pinewood cafe in Wokingham this evening for a rekkie as there is a Bahnstormer’s ride out there next Tuesday, it was only the Harley Davidson club night there :blast :D

However, they were a really nice bunch and were very impressed with the R18 :thumb2 I take that as a big thumbs up if the HD guys like it :bow

Jon

But most of the HD guys are gay, so be careful.

Jon

They like a big vibrator, apparently. :D

Congrats on the new bike! I must admit of all the 4 models of the R18 (if they are all available in the UK?), I think the Classic looks the best. :thumby:

Congratulations on the new bike, hope you get many enjoyable miles on it!

If my FB feed is to be believed, it appears that you may now have been joined in R18 ownership by another member of this Parish! ;)

Tell him to stick up the picture so we can all admire his awesome new steed! :D

Back
Top Bottom