Morocco advice

Richie B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi , I'm off to Morocco in Sept . Has anyone any tips on the best port to enter Morocco ? and tips for entry ? I last went in 2015 and entered via Tangier , it was a very long winded affair . I was wondering if Tanger Med or Ceuta would be better ?

cheers Rich

I've used Tangier Med twice and is really trick free, no hassle at all. we're also going through there in September and will use Tangier Med again

Always used Ceuta for my many trips to Morocco but following the mayhem and carnage the last time I was there I will use Tangier Med the next time.

We’ve always used Tangier Med, pretty painless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used Tangier Med twice and is really trick free, no hassle at all. we're also going through there in September and will use Tangier Med again
Hi what date you going into Morocco ? We arriving Santander 22nd Sept then riding down hoping to get ferry to Morocco about 26/27th Sept . cheer s

We're sailing in the 16th, ferry is over 2 nights now, arriving 7am ish on 18th so a full day's riding which is cool. I think we expect to get to morocco on the 21st, there for 3 weeks so may bump into you

We're sailing in the 16th, ferry is over 2 nights now, arriving 7am ish on 18th so a full day's riding which is cool. I think we expect to get to morocco on the 21st, there for 3 weeks so may bump into you

Hi sounds good. where are you planning to go while in Morocco ? are you hotel or camping ? we are now confirmed on ferry to morocco 26th Sept returning to spain on 6th Oct as we want to do some ACT in portugal for a week before returning to Uk on 13th Oct .

Chefchaouen to fez via ketama which is a really lovely ride, Azrou, El Kebab, tinerir, not sure how much time we'llbe in this area, would like to do the gorges loop but depends on the weather, zamora, Tissington, sidi ifnai on the coast, essaouira for a break, think that's our longest day, then tizi n test and then heading back up. Sounds a long way but 3 weeks so should be ok.

You've already booked your ferry tickets to Morocco? Didn't even know that was an option. We just rock up and get tu keys at the port.

What's ACT?

ACT = adventure country tracks https://adventurecountrytracks.com/portugal/ trail tracks designed for big bikes

bought ferry tickets through ferries direct , I read that tickets can be short during busy times , we would like to do the gorges . I did the coast down to Casablanca 2014 so doing more inland this time Rif mountains and Atlas mountains .

ACT = adventure country tracks https://adventurecountrytracks.com/portugal/ trail tracks designed for big bikes

bought ferry tickets through ferries direct , I read that tickets can be short during busy times , we would like to do the gorges . I did the coast down to Casablanca 2014 so doing more inland this time Rif mountains and Atlas mountains .

So that's a tour then? I looked for a route map bit only saw a guided tour, so not similar to the TET?

So that's a tour then? I looked for a route map bit only saw a guided tour, so not similar to the TET?

It's not a tour. It's a multi-day (suggested) track that you can do as much or as little of as you fancy, whenever you fancy
If you scroll down there's a "Download Route" button but from memory you have to sign up (free, or at least it was)
There's ACT tracks in Italy, Romania, Greece & Pyrenees as well & they all look great

It's not a tour. It's a multi-day (suggested) track that you can do as much or as little of as you fancy, whenever you fancy
If you scroll down there's a "Download Route" button but from memory you have to sign up (free, or at least it was)
There's ACT tracks in Italy, Romania, Greece & Pyrenees as well & they all look great

Correct ....

Chefchaouen to fez via ketama which is a really lovely ride, Azrou, El Kebab, tinerir, not sure how much time we'llbe in this area, would like to do the gorges loop but depends on the weather, zamora, Tissington, sidi ifnai on the coast, essaouira for a break, think that's our longest day, then tizi n test and then heading back up. Sounds a long way but 3 weeks so should be ok.

You've already booked your ferry tickets to Morocco? Didn't even know that was an option. We just rock up and get tu keys at the port.

What's ACT?

do you think the weather could affect the gorges roads ?? if so in what way ? snow ?

as far as i understand what's been said around here is that the Todra Gorge is ok but the Dades gorge can get particularly difficult if the weather is a bit wet. I've not done this route yet and have asked on another chat if it's still the same. all the info seems 10+ years old so i don't know if its still the same.

as far as i understand what's been said around here is that the Todra Gorge is ok but the Dades gorge can get particularly difficult if the weather is a bit wet. I've not done this route yet and have asked on another chat if it's still the same. all the info seems 10+ years old so i don't know if its still the same.

O well , we'll soon find out . not long now :okay

Back
Top Bottom