Low Rider ST

Does it look nice because we are being dragged back to the 70`s in so many ways? I think this is a part of it and HD are trying to appeal to the nostalgia ridden old fuckers in a bid to save their skin to some part...Much like they are using the AMF style paint jobs at the moment.

Pathetic.

Does it look nice because we are being dragged back to the 70`s in so many ways? I think this is a part of it and HD are trying to appeal to the nostalgia ridden old fuckers in a bid to save their skin to some part...Much like they are using the AMF style paint jobs at the moment.

Pathetic.

80s. The FXRT was 1983. And the El Diablo is a nod to that.

40 years. It's a generational thing. 10 years ago there was probably some sort of '70s revival in fashion, bikes etc...going on.

80s. The FXRT was 1983. And the El Diablo is a nod to that.

40 years. It's a generational thing. 10 years ago there was probably some sort of '70s revival in fashion, bikes etc...going on.

I am sure that I have told you to fuck off at some point, if not, then you can fuck off now...Your existence is a drain on the natural resources of this planet, one of those resources would be water, if only you were to succumb to an excess of water in the very near future, that would make me smile a little.

Fucking road captain wanker.....Really, as in "Really" Get a fucking life, strike out on your own, do something meaningful, stop being a wanker...That would be a start.

I am sure that I have told you to fuck off at some point, if not, then you can fuck off now...Your existence is a drain on the natural resources of this planet, one of those resources would be water, if only you were to succumb to an excess of water in the very near future, that would make me smile a little.

Fucking road captain wanker.....Really, as in "Really" Get a fucking life, strike out on your own, do something meaningful, stop being a wanker...That would be a start.

Mr. att, you seem somewhat triggered this evening. Might I suggest a nice glass of Medronho, put your slippers on, sit back and read an interesting book on the porch. Maybe even a little cigar.

Your patronising tone sits well with your ignorance, you would do well to remember that.

Thank you. I consider my ignorance as one of my greatest assets. As an ignorant person, I always strive to learn and do more to increase my knowledge and capabilities . Far better than being a "know it all", eh?

Were you able to get a test ride on an ST before you bought it or did you just buy it based on your Fatbob ?

I had ridden the regular Low Rider S with the 117, but not the ST. I knew the bags from the Sport glide and I knew the basic Softail frame and M8 motor, but I took the fairing on spec.

I am very happy with the bike though. So no regrets.

I had ridden the regular Low Rider S with the 117, but not the ST. I knew the bags from the Sport glide and I knew the basic Softail frame and M8 motor, but I took the fairing on spec.

I am very happy with the bike though. So no regrets.

What's the fairing like for turbulence

From the videos I've seen people are claiming there isn't any as in none, zero, nada

What say you ?

Why did you mention regrets?

Why not? I bought it kind of sight unseen, but I have no regrets about doing that. No regrets and no remorse either. It's a lovely bike. It is what it is - an air-cooled, pushrod operated Harley Davidson with technology from the 40s lightly dusted with a bit of 80s tech. But it's a rather good one.

It's not a GS or a Pan America or a KTM (or any of many other kinds of bike for that matter). But it is a lovely thing in its own right, maybe the ultimate expression of the American air cooled v-twin.

What's the fairing like for turbulence

From the videos I've seen people are claiming there isn't any as in none, zero, nada

What say you ?

The fairing is really good. Really, really good. It gives a complete pocket of still air around most of the head and body. In my opinion the windshield needs to be a couple of inches higher as the wind blast hits the top 2 inches of my helmet. That wind blast is pretty smooth, but noisy. But not really turbulent. Still....HD offers a taller screen which I don't really like the look of and the aftermarket will catch up fast. I am 5'8" by the way.

There is still a bit of wind on the lower legs and hands, but that's to be expected.

All in all, HD have done a great job with it. A taller screen and I think it will be absolutely perfect.

In summary, very good. But not quite perfect yet.

Proper colour !

f967e1d450ba3e0a3606374328907373.jpg

1c2ed9a2acd76e8c793e12f8f2afc7a7.jpg

6d73afe204f2c735ae9c84caf1a16d13.jpg

Back
Top Bottom