iTunes library not transferring - 2022 K1600 / TFT screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wapping

Reaction score
The only thing that doesn’t seem to work on my new K1600GT (albeit I am not a big fan of music on a motorbike) is that the TFT system refuses to download or access the full iTunes music library on my iPhone. It will play an entire album if I select it first on my phone and / or play random songs from the entire library if I don’t select the album first. I can advance to the next song on the album or skip to the next random song, so that works OK, too.

I should, I guess, be able to scroll through the entire phones entire iTunes library using the whirlywheel thing. I could on my 850.

Everything else works as it should.

Many thanks for any help anyone can provide,

It certainly worked (imported the full library) on my 850 with its TFT screen and worked seamlessly with the whirlywheel.

My earlier 1600 didn’t have a TFT screen, so the phone and its music library was routed through my BMW Navigator. Again, the entire library was imported (displayed on the Navigator) and was fully controllable (ie I could scroll through albums, chose an individual song, play pause, skip etc) via the whirlywheel.

Something is amiss somewhere.

It certainly worked (imported the full library) on my 850 with its TFT screen and worked seamlessly with the whirlywheel.

My earlier 1600 didn’t have a TFT screen, so the phone and its music library was routed through my BMW Navigator. Again, the entire library was imported (displayed on the Navigator) and was fully controllable (ie I could scroll through albums, chose an individual song, play pause, skip etc) via the whirlywheel.

Something is amiss somewhere.
Eeerrm, don’t know how to say this delicately, so I’ll just say it. :D. You have checked the setting on both the phone and the bike ?

Which settings are those, please?

The TFT sees the phone and I can select ‘Music’ on the TFT screen.

This action starts iTunes but:

A. It will play the album I select on the phone only.

B. It will play songs picked at random from the phone.

What I cannot do is select ‘Music’ on the TFT and be presented with the usual lists of albums, arist, play list etc etc and use those lists to make a selection.

Can you put your GS and K side by side and check they are set up the same.

The GS has gone.

Everything else comes across. For example the contacts from the phone.

The GS has gone.

Everything else comes across. For example the contacts from the phone.

It seems odd that. Just a thought, but how much memory does the bike have, or does it play off the phone ?

I would guess that the TFT simply draws (displays) the list from the phone, rather than uploading a couple of hundred albums.

I suppose the rider then scrolls down the list on the TFT, clicks the album or song they want, which sends a message to the phone to play it.

I am also guessing that the system is the same on the new RT with the big TFT screen. It would be interesting to hear from someone with one as to how theirs works.

I am also guessing that the system is the same on the new RT with the big TFT screen. It would be interesting to hear from someone with one as to how theirs works.

It’s a total wild guess on my part, but how about deleting the pairing and re pairing them.

I will have a look at mine. I did see if it worked a while ago and all worked but like you I don't listen to music. I have Amazon music if that makes a difference .

All mended, with patience.

I connected the phone again and it all came through. Why it chose do do it now and not at all over last weekend is a mystery. I checked again an hour and again two hours later and it still came through.

Bugger!

I spoke too soon.

Whilst the TFT screen will load up my iPhone’s music library whilst the bike is stationary in the garage, if I summon up media (music) on the move, it only plays the song that is currently active on my iPhone. More investigation required.

Bugger!

I spoke too soon.

Whilst the TFT screen will load up my iPhone’s music library whilst the bike is stationary in the garage, if I summon up media (music) on the move, it only plays the song that is currently active on my iPhone. More investigation required.

Must admit I haven't tried on the move. While stationary I could change tracks by the wheel.

In theory at least it should be possible for the TFT screen to access the entire library on the iPhone and for the rider to select an album / song or whatever, all via the whirlywheel, when on the move. Why will it access the library standing still but not when on the move.

I’m wondering if it is because the phone is ‘locked’ when not in active use? I forgot to switch it to permanently on before I set off. That though doesn’t explain why I can advance and rewind (next track or random shuffle) what’s playing, by using the whirlywheel, when on the move.

PS I am not ruling out user error, not least as all this TFT and music malarkey is new to me.

Whatever the reason.

The TFT screen is again resolutely refusing to load the / access the music library on my iPhone. Why it did once but then never again is a mystery beyond my pay grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom