West Ireland

I've set aside a full day to do Achill Island - you mentioned parts the tourists wouldn't normally see?

I would recommend going to the end to Keem beach. Interesting information board there about an RAF Swordfish plane that ditched in the bay and the crew had to be rescued and then brought up to the border and handed over.

Wild camp up there and Keel also. Also when heading on the main road you will see the transmission tower up on the mountain left hand side, good views from up there.

Thanks for posting this. I'm heading to the 6 Counties & the Free State at the end of this week to do my next leg of the WAW.
I've set aside a full day to do Achill Island - you mentioned parts the tourists wouldn't normally see?

As you cross onto the island you'll see a huge signal tower atop a mountain on your left, Minaun.
You can ride right up there and the views to be had are spectacular.
I'm away from home tonight but drop Jockser a PM and hopefully he'll be able to sort you with a waypoint for same.

I need to get over to Ireland and threads like this show me why ! Beautiful :) I need to start planning !!! Thank you for posting this.

I need to get over to Ireland and threads like this show me why ! Beautiful :) I need to start planning !!! Thank you for posting this.

Look at joining the GSer event next September in Leenane. You will never look back.

Start a thread in this section when you are coming over and we'll sort you out with routes, places to stay etc.

I live in wexford, although it might not be on the route you could pitch a tent or two if ever wanted.

House is generally full but you’d have access to the bathroom and a workshop of tools.

You may get a visit from Mando too

Attachments

• 1CB01BA6-4382-4663-9D76-C85DFA3A21AF.jpeg
    1CB01BA6-4382-4663-9D76-C85DFA3A21AF.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 140

Back
Top Bottom