Petrol prices in Mayo/Galway?

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Word up Comrades.
I'm heading to the Free State next week to do the next leg of the WAW. This trip will see me doing Mayo and Galway and I'm wondering whether it would make more sense for me to brim the GSA at Holyhead or wait until I'm on the west coast of Ireland?
We're currently paying around 2.23 Euros per litre around here.

Word up Comrades.
I'm heading to the Free State next week to do the next leg of the WAW. This trip will see me doing Mayo and Galway and I'm wondering whether it would make more sense for me to brim the GSA at Holyhead or wait until I'm on the west coast of Ireland?
We're currently paying around 2.23 Euros per litre around here.
It's around 2.03 in Dublin at the moment

Sent from my motorola edge 20 lite using Tapatalk

Currently ranging from 1.99 to 2.08 euro per litre in parts of Donegal

Grand, TY. I'll fill up when I'm there then.
Is E5 readily available?

Is E5 readily available?

Mostly E5 still AFAIK.

And if you're used to paying €2.20 you might as well treat the bike and put in the good stuff RON 98. My hexhead loved it the other week when I was on tour (in the UK, I put it in instead of that nasty E10 I've been reading about). I really noticed the difference, everything was just... nicer. :D:aidan

Also having a slightly lighter bike for ferry manoeuvres is not a bad thing. Have a good trip.

Just back yesterday from a week's fishing around Clifden Co. Galway, petrol averaged about €2.08 but up to €2.16 in more remote areas like Recess and Kylemore

Galway petrol is the most expensive, although delivered to Galway harbour from Wales; cheaper once you are past Tuam, funny this.
Anyway, Applegreeen have a giveaway today, can imagine the scramble on the forcourt with jerry cans and milk churns.
Safe Trip and Happy Days

Thanks again everyone. I'm coming to the end of my trip and this information was really useful.

Quite surprised how much lower in NI and Eire the fuel is, compared to GB
Paid £169.9 ppl for E10 95 in Enniskillen and just over the border in Black Lion it was 185.9 for E5 Super 97 (should have waited) which equates to £1.61.5 ppl for E5 and generally E5 is below £1.70 ppl which is about at least 20 ppl to even 30 ppl cheaper than GB
Diesel is running in the high £1.60’s and that is 20 ppl cheaper than GB
Shows how we are being royally fucked over in mainland Britain by the fuel cartels
Even NI is way cheaper the mainland Britain
I bet energy in terms of gas & electric are cheaper in Ireland too
No wonder we are called ‘Treasure Island’ in mainland Britain by firms selling to us

meanwhile in Cork

Petrol Currently 1.819€ a lt in Rathcormac North Cork on main Road to Dublin it helps
Quite surprised how much lower in NI and Eire the fuel is, compared to GB
Paid £169.9 ppl for E10 95 in Enniskillen and just over the border in Black Lion it was 185.9 for E5 Super 97 (should have waited) which equates to £1.61.5 ppl for E5 and generally E5 is below £1.70 ppl which is about at least 20 ppl to even 30 ppl cheaper than GB
Diesel is running in the high £1.60’s and that is 20 ppl cheaper than GB
Shows how we are being royally fucked over in mainland Britain by the fuel cartels
Even NI is way cheaper the mainland Britain
I bet energy in terms of gas & electric are cheaper in Ireland too
No wonder we are called ‘Treasure Island’ in mainland Britain by firms selling to us

Back
Top Bottom