Yorkshire Dales

longdog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for a decent B&B or pub with accommodation in or around the Yorkshire Dales please.

You could try the Golden Lion, Leyburn. Pub food, accommodation, and probably the grumpiest landlord going. Don’t be put off by that, he’s a proper Yorkshireman and a friend of mine.

You could try the Golden Lion, Leyburn. Pub food, accommodation, and probably the grumpiest landlord going. Don’t be put off by that, he’s a proper Yorkshireman and a friend of mine.

Would that be Dave ?...had a few beers with him when we lived in Leyburn

I like Reeth. Stayed in the Black Bull last September and the Kings Arms a couple of years ago. I would use them again. Black Bull rooms are more upmarket. Both served good food and had excellent ale. Surrounded by superb roads.

Is that the big place by the road junction JB ?

Never been in there, it looks welcoming

Yep
Last year some mates were staying there (returning from Scotland to the south) and I met up for a meal

Food was good and they spoke well of the accommodation

Bit too close for me to stay there, but it seems ok

Simonstone Hall Hotel is nice with an excellent restaurant. We stayed a couple of nights there last summer as a base for a Dales tour and it was superb. Not the cheapest but really good and they are bike friendly.

Simonstone Hall Hotel is nice with an excellent restaurant. We stayed a couple of nights there last summer as a base for a Dales tour and it was superb. Not the cheapest but really good and they are bike friendly.

Jezza Clarkson, made it infamous

I stayed there for my wife’s 50th and thought the bedroom was pretty tired and the bathroom archaic considering the price. The medium fillet arrived blue too, so had to be sent back. I wasn’t impressed :(

Back
Top Bottom