Off to meet a man I’ve never met

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Left this morning. No drama except the outdated gantry sign on motorway saying accident ahead, only use rhl! Pah. Rode to non existent front in left hand lane and carried on as there was no f obstruction! Then the usual loop de loop through a busy car park to get to tunnel lane. Why you have to looping the bloody car park is more dangerous than a jihafi on a bicycle.
7042e3d9e945670376715d79d524cd85.jpg

Filled up at cockhell. 2€ litre. Pulled iPhone cable out to take phone to pay and the arse end of cables stayed in phone. Bugger. New cable bought €20🫣. Motorway slog done. Camping in Dangu. Near Gisors. Cheap as chips. No toilet paper supplied €11.60
4f583fa7cf66f2141065aed0910caa0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never travel in Europe without toilet paper…..it’s the law

I guess I better do the virtual tour with you Don considering I had given it brief thought to come along.

Currently planning 5 days touring Brittany and Normandy in September following the Ride magazine route. Not easy (impossible?) trying to get 7 single beds in same accommodation in centre of town, I should really say bring the tents just in case. It would be much easier if the lads didn't mind sleeping together, did it myself in Morocco, there was round divider thing you put down the middle of the bed to prevent an unsolicited cuddle :D :D

Anyway, glad to see it's been dry for you so far, may it continue. Keep the updates coming. Ride safe.

I've had to find ten rooms on occasions so this can limit the group to using Ibis, Campanile, Myriad etc. Many are in town centres, especially Ibis Styles

Sid. I need to ask about his nickname . Today was long one. Only supposed to be 350km. Somewhere the planned route got unplanned and being as stubborn as I am I had to ride cos I planned it. So ended up cutting across to join it somewhere. Ended up 300 miles and 8 hours riding. Stupid is as stupid does but hey ho, who knew Blois was such a nice city. Also didn’t stop much to take pics cos that would have meant stopping for coffee and piss and faff. If I’d planned it I’d have known to piss before entering city centre! Lunc was a farmers platter. Including a freshly pulled onion! He wouldn’t mind

8ed3cbc9e26acf075db4ccb735778f39.jpg

Arrived at MY campsite. Yep it’s bloody empty. Bar empty. Campsite 2 campers (1 Brit and fat kid) right next door to bogs and empty swimming pool. Oh I swam and splashed to cool off. €12.60. No toilet paper either.

0934902a313e7ef1953b233c1a4c006c.jpg

Now having a press ion in my empty bar!

cb51e4b760ed292ac07a595b21e44791.jpg

Feel sorry for all these businesses with no clientele. Roads are devoid of bikers , caravans and Zefiras with ten kids! Checked tomorrow’s route. Seems good. Seems to be the same. Off to brive la galliarde. Oh, so far only used m way for 11 €.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sid's nickname is Crapaud, which I believe is French for Toad.

Sid will correct me if I'm wrong (or Arsey will), but I think I'm right in saying Sid comes from Jersey. There are toads on Jersey, but not on Guernsey. I believe the local nickname for those from Jersey is Crapaud.

Happy to be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom