Schuberth SC2

busy builder

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For the Schuberth C5 is bloody expensive, especially as half of the system is already installed in the helmet.

£350 is a bit much.

Agreed 100%

I am also annoyed that I would have to shell out yet again for the SC2 if I buy a C5 when the SC1A in my C4 has already cost me dearly.

Fair enough its new kit and presumably improved but why a total redesign, why not include backwards compatibility and let the consumer decide which unit to buy or re-use? I'd wager the internal electronics of the SC2 differs little in concept from the SC1A, probably just the inclusion of MESH circuitry. Bad for the environment and e-waste, great for stock values and shareholders.

Is anyone using one of these yet. I intend to buy a C5 with one later this month. That is providing the helmet fits me ok. I currently use an Interphone Active with my 2021 GSA TFT, which works perfectly. Hopefully the SC2 will be equally as reliable to connect and use.

I've just bought a C5 with SC2 - overall I am happy so far, I can't comment yet on the performance of the SC2 but I have two comments - the microphone on a stalk is an awkward fitting compared with the neat fitting on the side in the C4 Pro, and it's disappointing to have a separate (button) battery in the "remote" - I would have designed it to be powered from the main unit via a couple of extra wires in the helmet.

Oh - and if you come across a video by Champion helmets purporting to show how to fit the system, ignore it and go elsewhere - it's wrong on at least two counts.

I've just bought a C5 with SC2 - overall I am happy so far, I can't comment yet on the performance of the SC2 but I have two comments - the microphone on a stalk is an awkward fitting compared with the neat fitting on the side in the C4 Pro, and it's disappointing to have a separate (button) battery in the "remote" - I would have designed it to be powered from the main unit via a couple of extra wires in the helmet.

Oh - and if you come across a video by Champion helmets purporting to show how to fit the system, ignore it and go elsewhere - it's wrong on at least two counts.

:beerjug:

Is anyone using one of these yet. I intend to buy a C5 with one later this month. That is providing the helmet fits me ok. I currently use an Interphone Active with my 2021 GSA TFT, which works perfectly. Hopefully the SC2 will be equally as reliable to connect and use.
Hi, I like you have interphone active I have a pair, one for me and one for wife, they have been great, simple to use and i like that they are waterproof. I'm about to buy a new helmet and leaning towards C5 with SC2I wondered were you able to connect/pair the interphone active and SC2, thanks. Steve

Hi, I like you have interphone active I have a pair, one for me and one for wife, they have been great, simple to use and i like that they are waterproof. I'm about to buy a new helmet and leaning towards C5 with SC2I wondered were you able to connect/pair the interphone active and SC2, thanks. Steve
After trying on the Schuberth, and being disappointed with its poor quality feel, I ended up going down the Shoei Neotec 2 route, with their SRL2 kit. Both of which, I’m very pleased with.

Not tried pairing it with the Interphone, but may give it a go tomorrow (if I can find the instructions for both sets).

The Sena SRL2 in the Neotec does not appear to want to communicate with the Interphone Active.

Back
Top Bottom