Schuberth E1 & SC10UA

SIM

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

Could not see if this has been posted before.

I am about to purchase an E1 and given there are some deals knocking about, I thought I would buy my first comms to go with the lid.

I was going to get the Schuberth (Sena made) SC10UA which I understand is compatible, I like the idea of the kit being hidden out of site, not keen on the items stuck on the outside of the lid, I think I may knock it off etc. etc.

Couple of questions does the SC10UA supersede the SC10U or are they the same

Are there other better alternatives? or will I be okay with this system, I will use for music, may buy a Sat nav at some stage and if my mates get round to buying comms then will be able to talk to them

Thanks in advance

Simon

I recently bought an E1 after 8 years using a C3Pro.

I originally had the Schuberth SRC system (discontinued) but it fell apart after about 5 years.

I have fitted a PACKTALK BOLD with JBL speakers on my E1. the sound is great and clear. If you are riding an adventure bike with a screen then having a BT device stuck on the bottom edge of the helmet is irrelevant as the bike's screen deflects the wind away from that area anyway.

Just my opinion.

Just bought & fitted the Schuberth SC10UA (Sena) & fitted it to my Schuberth C3 pro. It's a very neat fit, great price from Sportsbikeshop.

Can pair with my 'phone no problems, can't seem to pair with another (non-Sena) intercom though.

Any ideas ?

Pairing to same brand units can be a challenge, pairing to other brands whilst possible is a whole world of frustration. Over the years I’ve used a Scala (Cardo) Q2, Scala SRC, Sena SRC ( both in a Schuberth C3) a Cardo G4, a SC10U and currently a Cardo PackTalk Bold. They have all worked very well for streaming music and phone calls when riding Solo, they all worked after some fiddling on with other units of the same brand, the Sena SRC worked with limitations paired to a Cardo G4, the same SRC was a total failure trying to pair with another Sena unit (not mine & can’t remember the model). Of them all unsurprisingly as it’s the newest the PackTalk has been the best, but that’s only been used in DMC mode with another PackTalk Bold. Generally the PackTalks just works as soon as they are in range they connect, on the few occasions they haven’t, a simple shutdown & restart sorts it out.

Haven ridden with both types internal & external on an R1150GS, a R1200GSA (Hexhead) and a KTM 1290 SAS, being internal or external makes no difference at all. My recommendation would be but the same brand as your mates, ideally one that uses DMC, after a few years the extra they cost has been forgotten and you’ll still be appreciating the ‘always’ on DMC connection.

I've had 3 goes at Sena 10U ownership and they have all been crap. I had one in my TT version of the E1 and the missus had the GT air version for o bike comms. I can count on the little finger of 1 had how many times we had functioning comms for the length of any journey. They would drop connection regularly and fail in some unusual manner over time. We've now got Paktalk slims and they work far better though require a little more effort in the fitting to the E1 .

I have just been kicked off Autocom due to not being able to buy parts anymore - so forced into using the SC10UA's that I bought some time ago. I have a E1 and my partner has the C3Pro. Had fun and games setting it up with the TFT, NAV6, iPhone, etc - then gave up with that. All I'm interested in is being able to get Nav instruction and speak with said partner as and when required. Certainly don't need the phone while riding. So I have managed to do this but only with basic remote (for intercom) as I can't seem to get the VOX to work. Latest firmware and settings through PC App set to VOX but intercom will not work without button pressing. Not ideal opening visor to start and end a conversation.... Sound quality is adequate (not great - the intercom - even in the lounge - is noisy). All disappointing really when the Autocom SPA2 just did everything so well. If I can get the water damaged PCB repaired I'll be using it again.

Back
Top Bottom