BMW cradle charging issues

Ferrett2055

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a new BMW connected cradle which I'm using with an iPhone 12 pro max. I did have an Otterbox case which made it too big for the cradle so I switched to a slim case which was fine. Initially all was well and the phone charged wirelessly wit the green light on. After a while I noticed a flashing amber light coming on then the light went green again and the phone continued charging. Lately however the green light has been going off, the amber light flashes, then all lights go out, and the phone stops charging, only to start charging a few minutes later. Surely, this can't be normal. Has anybody else experienced this or am I missing something?

Wireless charging is a hit and miss affair with the connected cradle and later model iPhones.
If you do a search you'll find various posts on the issue.

I turned off wireless charging and now use a short lighting to USB cable which connects directly to the side of the connected cradle.
No issues at all with charging using this method.

Apparently BMW are aware but seems like an apple issue rather than BMW.

Thanks for that. If there's going to be an issue it's usually with Apple.

I think most of us have been "Appauled" rather than "Appled" at some point, possibly through constant IOS updates where they fix or add a feature and bugger up another.

Wappings new TFT/iTunes not working issue is one example where technology should work seamlessly but in this case, only when the stars align.

It’s the position and strength of the charge

The pro Max phones are too big for the cradles, despite saying supported

Back
Top Bottom