A wee spin to the 6 counties and the Free State.

Thank you, Bill... I thoroughly enjoyed your trip and your photos have certainly given me something to think about for a trip sometime in the future! :beerjug:

Likewise with your fabulous report, thank you. We'll certainly have plenty to chew over at our next breakfast meeting.

Thanks for your insightful RR and has helped me this week in Ireland to check out some sights

My pleasure, thanks for you kind comments and additional photos. Gonna add some more and a few words of your own?

nothing wrong with visiting or revisiting memories

did exactly that meself last week just because i wanted to visit places i hadnt

id say watch about booking stuff july and august - wouldnt just turn up to places i would book

wanted to stay at a place in the north id been to numerous times before and they were 3 times the price they normally were in june

another place i stayed at booking.com had it at 100+ airbnb was half that

rocking up to places no problem in june or september

agree gas is chape too and E5 plentful also and arsehole of rural not crazy prices like they used to be just watch sundays and evenings to not be caught out

Thanks Comrades. It's no Greek odyssey and pales into insignificance compared with your fabulous trip and write up though.

I didn't realise it was a B/H though that would explain the miserable weather this morning. :rolleyes: It might also explain why the ferry was so rammed yesterday, people were struggling to find a seat. Top tip: pay £10 for a seat in the quiet lounge, it was worth every penny of it.

This is the hotel. Don't be put off by the pictures, it's a great place and cracking value.

http://www.melvincountryhouse.com/

Just booked into the Melvin Country Hotel on 5/9 for a night (after the Leenaun weekender) on your recommendation for a night
Do they do evening meals ?
It says they do, but do you have to prebook though, in advance ?
Got a B&B single room for £51, bargain

Just booked into the Melvin Country Hotel on 5/9 for a night (after the Leenaun weekender) on your recommendation for a night
Do they do evening meals ?
It says they do, but do you have to prebook though, in advance ?
Got a B&B single room for £51, bargain

Excellent I'm sure you'll have a great time. I didn't eat there in the evenings myself but I think if you contact them something can be arranged.

Edit: Say hello to the dogs for me please.

Excellent I'm sure you'll have a great time. I didn't eat there in the evenings myself but I think if you contact them something can be arranged.

Edit: Say hello to the dogs for me please.

Will do
They emailed me a menu, just now and the food looks superb and reasonably priced - 3 courses for £22

Going 'home' if I might be so bold as to call it that

:aidan Tommy, if it feels like home then it's home. You can take the man out of the bog but you can't take the bog out of the man.

Glad you enjoyed the trip, it's a great little country :aidan

Back
Top Bottom