2007 Griso, 10,000 miles

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know reading bike forums brings up a long list of failures, and makes a bike look bad. Griso seems to have a lot of instrument cluster problems, relating to water ingress, as does the speedo sensor on the rear wheel.

Long term owner comments anyone?

FWIW I had a 2007 Griso that I bought with 6,000 miles then sold at just under 9K. I'd heard of potential instrument problems from moisture or water when I bought the bike and brought it up with the seller. He said one of the reasons he had fitted the Dart windscreen was to shield the instrument from water and never had an issue, nor did I.

Regarding the ingress of water on the speedo sensor. I had this issue on my first Stelvio (2009 model) the sensor was replaced under warranty. The fault reoccurred several months later, again replaced under warranty, but this time I used clear silicone sealant around the sensor, no more problems.
I replaced the 2009 model with the later 2011 model and didn't have a problem AFAIR. I think they may have upgraded the sensor :nenau
I often place a shower cap (the cheap clear freebie ones you get in hotels) over instrument panels if leaving a bike outside uncovered, just in case of rain, or when washing bikes.

The vendor phoned me to say the bike had just broken down, and cancelled my viewing the bike.

I told him to look in the tank with the ignition on, and see if he can see fuel swirling about. He could, so it's either the part plastic old fuel filter that's fallen apart, or a hose that's popped off.
Bit of a result really, I probably would have looked at the filter if I'd bought it.
Now, I shouldn't have to.:okay

speedos , can get water in ...drill 2 holes , to let air flow through 1 top 1 bottom.

speedo drives , now on 3rd type , replace.

fuel pipes can pop off , new pipe and j-clips

fuel filters replace with metal ones , plastic ones were designed for ...diesel engines.

oil light on at low rpm , cracked oil pump rotor , replace.

speedos , can get water in ...drill 2 holes , to let air flow through 1 top 1 bottom.

speedo drives , now on 3rd type , replace.

fuel pipes can pop off , new pipe and j-clips

fuel filters replace with metal ones , plastic ones were designed for ...diesel engines.

oil light on at low rpm , cracked oil pump rotor , replace.

I owned a 2007 Griso for 6 years and totally concur with Baldrick (how could I not )
The only other thing to add was oil pressure sensor cheap and reasonably easy to replace

These bikes are stone axe reliable easy to work on handle well and go like an errrr Guzzi, loved mine

Tested it today, fuel pipe blew off, leaving me stranded. Apart from that there was quite a bit of rust in various places. So not buying it.

Impressed with the engine and handling though.

Trev, for some reason I cannot reply to your PM. System says you have chosen not to receive :nenau

It does!!!??

Membership expired, just tried to pay. went around in a circle!!!

Send an email to paulkerinbyrne(at)gmail.com ����

Saw another Griso. Clutch was noisy, both with the clutch lever pulled in and released.
The other one I test rode, I wore ear plugs, so not sure if this one is too noisy.

The owner lead the way on my test ride on his 1200cc 2 valve Breva. No where near as noisy as his Griso.

Anyone live near Southampton? I'd like to hear another one running.

Saw another Griso. Clutch was noisy, both with the clutch lever pulled in and released.
The other one I test rode, I wore ear plugs, so not sure if this one is too noisy.

The owner lead the way on my test ride on his 1200cc 2 valve Breva. No where near as noisy as his Griso.

Anyone live near Southampton? I'd like to hear another one running.

My Griso went chinga chinga chinga from the clutch, clack crash grind from the gearbox and baaarrooombaaah from the exhaust - its normal

Back
Top Bottom