Rider Rest Treignac, France

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
WAs thinking of stopping here to explore the area but having spoken to Mark H i think i might change my mind.
Any suggestions as to other accomodation in the area please.

Cheers Doc

WAs thinking of stopping here to explore the area but having spoken to Mark H i think i might change my mind.
Any suggestions as to other accomodation in the area please.

Cheers Doc

Is there a problem?

Is there a problem?

Not at all. I was just looking at options. Mark just mentioned he likes to stop at other places.

Stayed many times . Run by friends of mine from Guernsey . You’d love it , Doc.

Ok cheers pal. I think there is enough to do to stay maybe five nights and then move on.

Has it changed hands recently? We had a week there a few years ago, our son repaired a fault with the house electric’s upstairs.

Not at all. I was just looking at options. Mark just mentioned he likes to stop at other places.

Ok cheers pal. I think there is enough to do to stay maybe five nights and then move on.

Loads of good riding around there. Mention my name to Rob if you book.
The all inclusive deal with dinner and booze is good !!

Just to be clear I'm sure "Riders Rest" is great, as I explained to Doc it's just not my kind of stop, I prefer hotels, but if its your thing go for it :thumb

I used it years ago when I went to watch Tigers play Brive.

It was a good place, in beautiful surroundings.

Riders Rest is great for transiting.
I usually stay there one night when passing through .
But it’s lovely home cooking and an open beer fridge .
I wouldn’t personally use it as a base as I like to eat out but it’s perfect if you don’t eat that foreign shite or need a stopover in central France

How about the Logis hotel Teyssier in Uzerche.

https://www.hotel-teyssier.com/?langue=en

Or….

Logis hotel (de la Tour) in Massaeret?

https://www.logishotels.com/fr/hotel/logis-hotel-de-la-tour-597?partid=661

Cheers I will take a look.

Riders Rest is great for transiting.
I usually stay there one night when passing through .
But it’s lovely home cooking and an open beer fridge .
I wouldn’t personally use it as a base as I like to eat out but it’s perfect if you don’t eat that foreign shite or need a stopover in central France

We like to go out plus we fancy maybe 5 nights so we will take a look at what Wapping has mentioned plus Mark has mentioned one.

As always, the easiest bet it to put say, ’Hotels in (insert name of town’ into Google, then hit maps.

Google will then pinpoint all the hotels it knows of in the town and the surrounding area. Tap on each one to then find one YOU like and / or suits YOUR purposes best. That is all I did when coming up with the two possible alternatives. Still not sure? Highlight the name of the hotel and post it into Google, then look at the reviews. If they are all by far poor, give it a miss. If they are mostly good, I read the poor ones first….. generally finding that some fuckers will complain even if something is free.

For example, you could go for a basic B&B hotel, if it is in a town and you can walk out to restaurants. You could go for an AIR B&B, if you don’t mind cooking for yourself and / or can walk to restaurants. Or take a taxi, which is what we do when 12 or so of us go to Spa in late September, staying on an upmarket campsite.

:beerjug:

As always, the easiest bet it to put say, ’Hotels in (insert name of town’ into Google, then hit maps.

Google will then pinpoint all the hotels it knows of in the town and the surrounding area. Tap on each one to then find one YOU like and / or suits YOUR purposes best. That is all I did when coming up with the two possible alternatives. Still not sure? Highlight the name of the hotel and post it into Google, then look at the reviews. If they are all by far poor, give it a miss. If they are mostly good, I read the poor ones first….. generally finding that some fuckers will complain even if something is free.

For example, you could go for a basic B&B hotel, if it is in a town and you can walk out to restaurants. You could go for an AIR B&B, if you don’t mind cooking for yourself and / or can walk to restaurants. Or take a taxi, which is what we do when 12 or so of us go to Spa in late September, staying on an upmarket campsite.

:beerjug:

Your the man. I just do as you say then I don't get told off.;)

I stayed at Riders Rest for 2 nights last September. I was on my own and I was treated like royalty (until they saw my J plate - Arsey knows).

In all seriousness its a great place run by a fantastic couple in a stunning environment. I will certainly be going back again.

Back
Top Bottom