Where to (quickly) find disc brake shims?

er-minio

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I need to buy a bunch of these:

rondella-disco.jpg

Ideally by weds.
These are the shims that were placed behind the disc and between the disc and the elastic washer.

Are these standard size/thickness? There is no mention of them on RealOEM.

Bike is a 2007 GSA.

I now have a front wheel with new discs and all those shims, and another wheel with the older discs, but on those there is only the bobbins and spring washers. Bike seems to ride well, but I want to add the shims too... as they were there originally.

They call them stop disc

Thanks.

@lead: didn't think about asking him, but he doesn't sell the discs anymore (I asked), I assumed he might not normally stock these too then.

I assembled a new set of wheels so I bought new brake discs, reluctor ring, etc.
I moved the old discs from the current wheels (road tyres) to the new ones (offroad tyres) and installed the new discs on the road tyres wheels as they get the most miles.

What I found when disassembling was:

wheel / shim / disc / shim / spring washer / bobbin / bolt

on the right disc.

The left disc has the reluctor ring and seems that was used as a spacer/shim instead, so:

wheel / reluctor ring / disc / shim / spring washer / bobbin / bolt

I reassembled the road tyre wheel set as above.
The other set of wheels is assembled, but missing the shims altogether (and I need them ready by Weds eve :) ).

Thanks, they have both outer and inner shims... FFS the website doesn't work AT ALL. What a clusterfuck.
Ring ring...

its best used with the OEM part numbers, that's the way i now use the new site.

Yes, I always use the codes.
Problem with the site is that this morning neither the shopping cart nor login procedure was working.

I've been waiting on the phone with them for 30 mins, then suddently the website started working again and managed to place an order through it.
I wonder how much business they are losing with the new site. Looks like it has been a massive fail.

Back
Top Bottom