tracks still showing on map after deleting all…….

shedracer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have deleted all the tracks I’ve saved as I don’t want them to clutter the map, so now theres none in the track log, but theres still showing on the map. I have deleted any imported routes as well, I have also switched the XT off and restarted it but they are still showing, have I done something wrong or missed something? Some assistance would be greatly appreciated please :thumb2.

Unfortunately not, but appreciate your help :thumb2

Well it worked for me :) I deleted all my tracks a couple of days ago, but also did them in explorer. I didn't even realise I had an explorer account. Anyway all the tracks are gone from the device and the map. I did also connect the xt to a laptop and deleted all the files from the gpx folder that I had transferred to the device via the garmin drive app. Not sure which bit did the trick, but they are gone.

I have deleted all the tracks I’ve saved as I don’t want them to clutter the map, so now theres none in the track log, but theres still showing on the map. I have deleted any imported routes as well, I have also switched the XT off and restarted it but they are still showing, have I done something wrong or missed something? Some assistance would be greatly appreciated please :thumb2.

switch off the show all historic routes (i can't remember the proper name for the setting) then switch it back on - see if this helps to clear its memory.

I have tried all of the above, but for some reason a couple of tracks remain, they are not visible in explorer. My next option is to reset the device to factory settings and start again. Thanks for all the advice chaps :thumb2

I have made hard resets on Garmin devices and still found that all sorts of things sometimes linger behind. Similarly, I have gone into individual folders, deleting everything in them and still stuff sometimes lingers on.

When you deleted them in Garmin Explore, did you sync the XT at the end of the process? If not stuff has a habit of coming back to haunt you.

When you deleted them in Garmin Explore, did you sync the XT at the end of the process? If not stuff has a habit of coming back to haunt you.

They weren’t in explore, did not show, they were created on the device. Had quite a few tracks saved, which cluttered the map so decided to delete them all. From what I can see theres about 2 or 3 tracks still showing.

The XT by default syncs with explore, whether you set it up or not. I have never created an explore account, but it uses your garmin log on, so if you register the device with garmin, you get an explore account. There is a hidden menu on the XT where you can switch off the XT explore sync.

The XT by default syncs with explore, whether you set it up or not. I have never created an explore account, but it uses your garmin log on, so if you register the device with garmin, you get an explore account. There is a hidden menu on the XT where you can switch off the XT explore sync.

I have an Explore account, as I also use a Montana 700i.

If you skip the Explore set up part when setting up the XT it does not sync. with Explore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Explore account, as I also use a Montana 700i.

If you skip the Explore set up part when setting up the XT it does not sync. with Explore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be getting senile, because I don't even remember any explore setup option when I set up my 2 XTs :)

Back
Top Bottom