Route wont calculate

Reaction score
Hi All,
Tried a search--couldn't find something. Sorry if I am asking what has been gone over before. I have got to the point I can create a rout in Base Camp, move it to Nav V, import it, find it in Trip planner, look at the map on the device and it looks OK. When I click GO it will not calculate the route. Says "Calculating the Rout 0%, might move to a few % but no matter how long I wait it gets nowhere near completing.
So-I think I know why and what this means to me.
The details. I am sitting in North America creating routes in Italy, Austria, Germany for a 2 week ride. I have N America loaded in the Nav and Europe loaded via micro SD card also. So, is it because the unit knows I am sitting on the other side of an ocean that it is having problems? If I load this thing up with routes will they calculate and work when I hit the ground in Europe? My mind is numb from watching youtube videos just to get to this point.........
This is my first trip to Europe using this and I really want it to work. Thanks for any insight! See you all at the Austrian MotoGP!
Thank you,
Larry

A couple of things to check:

1. do the maps of Europe show up as being installed (Settings, Map)? Can you find a town in Germany for example and zoom in to see detailed streets on the Nav V?

2. are the map versions the same on your PC and in the Nav V?

3. are you asking the Nav V to calculate "curvy routes" ? I've found it will sometimes refuse to do this. I always use the 'fastest' setting.

Back
Top Bottom