Part number help please

Headtester

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm after some help identifying the part number for a part for my 2010 Hexhead please.

The beak (or front wheel cover upper mudguard) has four fixing screws where it is secured to the cockpit frame, at the top, near the fuel tank closest to the rider. On my bike these are black slot head screws and the plastic washers are breaking up. I'd like to replace them but can't identfy the part number.

I think it is this diagram on RealOEM but it doesn't show the screw fixings. Can anyone help please?

Kor9dik.jpg

Thanks

Headtester

Thanks Squib, that's helpful. Yes both sides are identical - looking at the photos in the link you shared mine appears to have two additional screws each side. That led me to think it may have had winglets fitted in the past, a quick google on UKgser led to this thread and thence to part number 46637664846.

All I need to do now if find somewhere that sells them or something similar!

Cheers

Headtster

Thanks, the screws that are there already are fine -it is just the washers or well nuts that are cracking. Now I know what I'm looking for - well nuts - things should get a little easier

two types of winglet - designed to stop high pressure air smashing your kidneys at speed

early ones fracture around the holes and fall off - drill the holes bigger and fit the later rubber bushing (5) and metal bit (6) that allow them to flex

proper bikes get a metal bracket on the front subframe allowing the bodywork to fit tight and never flex - and has the hole to allow the 12v accessories to be mounted firmly

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/en/show...W-R_1200_GS_Adve_08_0380,0390_&diagId=46_1465

Back
Top Bottom