Sena Mesh, performance and battery life

mw3230

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Finally a group of my riding pals are Mesh equipped and we are able to enjoy the undoubted benefits - ease of connection, clarity, lack of background noises to name a few.

However I've noticed a big disadvantage in that using Mesh seems to seriously shorten the battery life. Whereas with Bluetooth intercom connections the battery lasted all day (I've used 10s, 20s and 50s and enjoyed the same long battery life), using Mesh leads to the battery becoming flat after a few hours - disappointing.

My work around is to either charge the unit whilst riding, or to charge from a power-bank during refreshment stops

Are other people experiencing the same reduced battery life, or perhaps my unit is faulted

Finally a group of my riding pals are Mesh equipped and we are able to enjoy the undoubted benefits - ease of connection, clarity, lack of background noises to name a few.

However I've noticed a big disadvantage in that using Mesh seems to seriously shorten the battery life. Whereas with Bluetooth intercom connections the battery lasted all day (I've used 10s, 20s and 50s and enjoyed the same long battery life), using Mesh leads to the battery becoming flat after a few hours - disappointing.

My work around is to either charge the unit whilst riding, or to charge from a power-bank during refreshment stops

Are other people experiencing the same reduced battery life, or perhaps my unit is faulted

Yes the Mesh does go through the battery at a faster rate than BT - even worse when some on mesh and one on BT

I have the same issues with my 50S and try and remember to turn it off at lunch stops etc

The only saving grace is that the first time it chimes up as low battery there is still 30% left and it takes little time to charge up mine seems to go from totally flat to fully charged in about an hour

Back
Top Bottom