Himalayan and Scram Review LDG

Gonna look out for that

We are planning filming a comparo Continental GT and Guzzi V7 850 on thursday

following thursday we are planning a 76 CB750 and a BSA B44 Scrambler

I am currently working on a video on an MT10 that I have had for a couple of weeks but not sure on how it will fit into the channel (Mike Does a Modern ?

We are planning filming a comparo Continental GT and Guzzi V7 850 on thursday

following thursday we are planning a 76 CB750 and a BSA B44 Scrambler

I am currently working on a video on an MT10 that I have had for a couple of weeks but not sure on how it will fit into the channel (Mike Does a Modern ?
Will look out for them Mike, enjoyed the previous V7 and California reviews

Nah. I'm not a great fan. Private deal. Will post more details after I pick up the bike.

Your posts had a lot to do with it Micky. Now I have to decide what to do with the GS. I'll leave that for a bit to see how I get on with Jimmy the Jimmy!

Bought it without a ride Peter?

I bought mine without riding it .... I wasn't disappointed :D

:beerjug:

Will look out for them Mike, enjoyed the previous V7 and California reviews

+1 :thumb

Nah. I'm not a great fan. Private deal. Will post more details after I pick up the bike.

Your posts had a lot to do with it Micky. Now I have to decide what to do with the GS. I'll leave that for a bit to see how I get on with Jimmy the Jimmy! ( Autocorrect but it might just stick! :D)

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

And of course i had absolutely nothing to do with it did i Pete :augie

Welcome aboard the Himalayan Express :beerjug:

Bought it without a ride Peter?

I bought mine without riding it .... I wasn't disappointed :D

Afraid so Micky. I'fd already half convinced myself but the lack of power (relatively) put me off. This one has the wossname cam that puts on 5BHP and should give it just enough extra urge. Saying that, there's plenty on Youtube etc reckon the standard model is fine : you simply adjust your horizons! I'm picking it up tomorrow and hope to get away for a couple of days to Galloway or Kielder, so I'll post some thoughts after that.

And of course i had absolutely nothing to do with it did i Pete :augie

Welcome aboard the Himalayan Express :beerjug:

:thumb2 Thanks Tony.

What's the betting on Wapping buying one as well, kinda antidote to the 1600

I have an extended test ride booked for later in the week.

I’ll be interested to find for myself the differences between the Himalayan and its less ‘adventure’ orientated Scram sister, with its smaller wheels, different weight, different wheelbase etc. The dealership has both available for me to try. I doubt that the marginally heavier weight of the ‘adventure’ bike will make a jot of difference.

The 1600 will be staying though.

I’ll be interested to find for myself the differences between the Himalayan and its less ‘adventure’ orientated Scram sister, with its smaller wheels, different weight, different wheelbase etc. The dealership has both available for me to try. I doubt that the marginally heavier weight of the ‘adventure’ bike will make a jot of difference.

Yeah, the LDG liked both, maybe slightly favouring the Scram due to more road bias?
My RT stays as well for touring, in the future though a Himmy may satisfy a less ambitious touring plan linked to creaky hips and age

I’ll be interested to find the difference between the Himalayan and its less ‘adventure’ orientated Scram sister, with its smaller wheels, different weight, different wheelbase etc. The dealership has both available for me to try.

My F650GS Dakar had the 21" front wheel and I didn't like it. It wanted to 'drop in' on corners, so I fitted a 19" rim for general road use, which transformed the handling :thumb2

When I bought the F800GS (fitted 21" front wheel) I was kinda ready to fit a 19" rim to that if it too wanted to 'drop in' on corners, but it was kinda acceptable and handled OK. So it stuck around for 150,000 miles ish :D

The Himalayan has a 21" front wheel but you wouldn't know it ... it rolls in to and out of corners like it's on rails. It handles very nicely :thumb

Will be interested in what you have to say Wappers :thumb

Afraid so Micky. I'fd already half convinced myself but the lack of power (relatively) put me off. This one has the wossname cam that puts on 5BHP and should give it just enough extra urge. Saying that, there's plenty on Youtube etc reckon the standard model is fine : you simply adjust your horizons! I'm picking it up tomorrow and hope to get away for a couple of days to Galloway or Kielder, so I'll post some thoughts after that.

:thumb2 Thanks Tony.

Be interested to hear real world feedback re the cam. The Himy is good value, however there are times when you want to go on dual carriageways and cruising at 70mph for a couple of hours is the ideal for me.

If RE release a 30bhp plus bike next year it will be an even greater seller.

Until then i will "suffer" my G650x xountry :D

And so begins the demands for more power, that has bedevilled the GS, with its really quite horrible water cooled engine. That being said, it remains a flatteringly easy bike to ride, which is why people buy it, I guess.

Be interested to hear real world feedback re the cam. The Himy is good value, however there are times when you want to go on dual carriageways and cruising at 70mph for a couple of hours is the ideal for me.

If RE release a 30bhp plus bike next year it will be an even greater seller.

Until then i will "suffer" my G650x xountry :D

There was an Interlayan on the RE stand at ABR. It was from a Concept Company. If as Richard alludes to above and RE adopt a car platform type development, then-an Interlayan may not be too far away.

https://www.rideapart.com/news/565426/custom-royal-enfield-himalayan-650/

There was an Interlayan on the RE stand at ABR. It was from a Concept Company. If as Richard alludes to above and RE adopt a car platform type development, then-an Interlayan may not be too far away.

https://www.rideapart.com/news/565426/custom-royal-enfield-himalayan-650/

One of my LDG chums Richard was telling me that RE are indeed bringing out a more powerful Himi with a 450 engine, we are back there on thursday so will ask them
Re the handling both the scram and the Himi were brilliant for what they are, as Mickey says you dont really feel the fact that the Himi has a 21in wheel on the road.

Our preference for the Scram was its playfulness but in reality there isnt a lot between them, TBH both are dead slow BUT they really make you smile.

One of my LDG chums Richard was telling me that RE are indeed bringing out a more powerful Himi with a 450 engine, we are back there on thursday so will ask them
Re the handling both the scram and the Himi were brilliant for what they are, as Mickey says you dont really feel the fact that the Himi has a 21in wheel on the road.

Our preference for the Scram was its playfulness but in reality there isnt a lot between them, TBH both are dead slow BUT they really make you smile.

Great reviews, and they both look ideal for taking the slower road somewhere. I see you can get a big bore kit for not a lot of money: https://accessories.hitchcocksmotor...-Accessories&cata=493665&catb=b&catc=c&catd=d

A more expensive option: https://accessories.hitchcocksmotor...ssories&cata=493665&catb=493097&catc=c&catd=d

The point being if this can be bought over here for that sort of money, then with a bigger scale of operation ie RE's the price on top of the "standard" bike may not be as great as buying the bits separately.

Big Bore kit only giving 26bhp. 4-6 bhp over stock? Might be enough with the extra torque to cruise a 70mph.

I remember following 2 x crf250l with luggage riding down the A38, at 60 to 65 mph the engine was screaming.

Back
Top Bottom