Himalayan and Scram Review LDG

Big Bore kit only giving 26bhp. 4-6 bhp over stock? Might be enough with the extra torque to cruise a 70mph.

I remember following 2 x crf250l with luggage riding down the A38, at 60 to 65 mph the engine was screaming.

I am able to cruise my Himmy at 70mph. and, have done many times without a big bore kit.

I think the bottom end of the 411 Himalayan is very 'beefy' and looks strong. iI'll make way to 450/500/550/600 even 650 variants for sure .... watch this space :thumb

:beerjug:

Well we're off. A birl down to Kielder to try the beast out. More to come ...
cca420c30aacd0b604c3cbc765c6cfc4.jpg

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

Worst thing about the bike so far is the seat. I stopped at this place in Hawick. "Nope. No foam but here , have this". The guy gave me the contents of his cushion! :D. " It's ok. Were moving soon. It's all got to go'" one piece doubled over did the trick.
3255223ec9731c11a036ba616cce4f36.jpg
abf9e626e8f473d6b17c99ebe7174ce9.jpg

And the rest? Well yesterday, I was pretty negative any the bike. New bike itis. Have I done the right thing? Today, I ride down the A7 and then the B wosssname to Hermitage castle and over to Kielder and ...
53c8c6f150dc30c2741da3fcc5fe83c2.jpg

All is well. The bike is just very different from our normal expectations. There's no point in thrashing it, you have to ride the torque in 4th or 5th. Braking is not great, I don't think this one has sintered pads. Handling is fine if you allow for the TKC80s fitted, it responds well to counter steering on twisty roads although there's a bit of giro effect from that big front wheel On the A7, I might use the power of the RT and try for
55-60 or more on most corners and have to brake occasionally. On the Enfield, 45- 50 can be held consistently without braking and I suspect average speeds will be less but not that much less.

Good Peter, plenty options for seats, and sintered pads will be beneficial, take a few hundred miles to bed in for you, also they do seem to get better with miles.

Couldn't resist a wee run in the sunny Aberdeenshire countryside and coast today on the Interceptor .....
55237ab9ff3a6bd661d0d9d4e10ae377.jpg

Decent beer here but good grief the food is rubbish!
52c056b39bd30ad03b0c186958d66c8b.jpg

Good Peter, plenty options for seats, and sintered pads will be beneficial, take a few hundred miles to bed in for you, also they do seem to get better with miles.

Couldn't resist a wee run in the sunny Aberdeenshire countryside and coast today on the Interceptor .....
One of those on Gumtree West Lothian and I was tempted but the script is smaller/lighter. £4.2 k with some extras.Happy to have a look if anyone is interested.

And the rest? Well yesterday, I was pretty negative any the bike. New bike itis. Have I done the right thing? Today, I ride down the A7 and then the B wosssname to Hermitage castle and over to Kielder and ...
53c8c6f150dc30c2741da3fcc5fe83c2.jpg

The black and red is the fastest colour.

Decent beer here but good grief the food is rubbish!
52c056b39bd30ad03b0c186958d66c8b.jpg

I looked at this pub/campsite in Kielder Forest last year but it was closed due to Covid.
A brief appraisal of the place and camping facilities would be appreciated Pete.:thumb2
I hope it's clear skies for you tonight. Oh, and happy new bike.:beerjug:

I looked at this pub/campsite in Kielder Forest last year but it was closed due to Covid.
A brief appraisal of the place and camping facilities would be appreciated Pete.:thumb2

Plus a full review on the midge population please Peter :eek:

Kielder in August :blast

That really does look lovely JB :thumb

Lovely looking bike

Any idea why that paintjob is called the Baker Express ?

Lovely looking bike

Any idea why that paintjob is called the Baker Express ?

That bike and it's colours look so right. A "proper" motorcycle which probably helps define how old I am!

I've read that it was so named as it was a favourite of one of the bikes developers.

Great pictures all :thumb2

Pete, give it time, the engine will get better. The seat i had bother with too but that was fixed by using a piece of veterinary dog bed (green) Sue works at a vets so obtained it for me :D. Done two non stop (other than for the obligatory wee stops :D) 130 mile trips without a problem using it.

Agreed about the giro effect of the 21" front wheel and the need to put a bit more effort into the counter steer to get it to turn quickly; As well as the counter steer i tend to weight the peg on the side i want to turn to and that sharpens it all up.

I find the best speed for the bike to be in the 50 to 60 region where it will jog along all day without feeling at all pushed but, when required, will go to 70 without any drama.

And while we are having pictures, here's mine ready for the ABR Adventure Weekend Festival :D

Attachments

• 20220624_101611.jpg
    20220624_101611.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 98
Just back home and I'm melting! I came back via the Kielder forest road and the A68. After a sausage bap and coffee at the van at Kielder castle. Very good too.

The campsite is excellent. Showers free and very clean. But oh boy ... The midges!!! Worst I've encountered since a wild camp on Mull, years ago! It may be better further up the hill away from the river. That's after a dry summer too. Bring smidge and a net if you're coming!

The pub? Like I said ... beer ok and some food may be ok but the pizza ... avoid.

I was told the van at the castle did good pizzas of an evening so bear that in mind!

Stunning. I've not seen a night sky like that for years. You can pre-book a visist to the planetarium thingy ...

537aec1754925df55ad2b7059939cec8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom