Himalayan and Scram Review LDG

I did the forest road over to the 68. The last time I did it the other way on my 1100RT. It was great to exercise a bit less caution! I do wonder tho' why RE didn't fit switchable ABS? Given the roads it's surely intended for?
850e546c8a619e8ae67473f6fd95c3b4.jpg

Riding the 68 on the RE was like going back in time! Not once did I have to check my speed as I approached a camera! :D A steady 50-55 meant that corners could be taken smoothly. I never braked once between Carter Bar and Jeddart! And only once after that due to a gritter - yes a GRITTER! - turned right ahead of me!

Final impression then - s great bike if you accept it's limitations as positives. Sit back, enjoy the scenery and enjoy biking like it used to be but with (mostly) better/safer roads!

But that seat has got to go! :D
98de8f02df705bc61fddd3f88e337d6d.jpg

Oh, and it needs bigger soft panniers!

Peter, starting with the 2021 model year the ABS on the rear wheel is switchable. There is a button to press next to the fuel gauge.

An alternative to that, one that owners use is to wire a switch into the fuse holder so it can be switched out thus disabling the ABS altogether.
How advisable it is to do that i can't say but, it does get done.

Peter, starting with the 2021 model year the ABS on the rear wheel is switchable. There is a button to press next to the fuel gauge.
Good, they're been listening then. How refreshing! Meant to say: I got 78 MPG on that trip. I also got a message from a pal who saw one in Aultbea this morning. It was Italian registered! :eek: So they can do distances too!

If you come further south (a long way south) you'd be welcome to try either of my seats, I've the RE Comfort seat and a Seats Concept Seat, which is by far the best and allows long days in the saddle, but is a bit wider at the rear, for green lane stuff the comfort seat is better and identical in form to the standard seat. Worth finding some local to you to try out the different seats.

If you come further south (a long way south) you'd be welcome to try either of my seats, I've the RE Comfort seat and a Seats Concept Seat, which is by far the best and allows long days in the saddle, but is a bit wider at the rear, for green lane stuff the comfort seat is better and identical in form to the standard seat. Worth finding some local to you to try out the different seats.
Thanks for the kind offer. Could you post a link to the Concept seat? Ta. :Beerjug:

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

Riding the 68 on the RE was like going back in time! Not once did I have to check my speed as I approached a camera! :D A steady 50-55 meant that corners could be taken smoothly. I never braked once between Carter Bar and Jeddart! And only once after that due to a gritter - yes a GRITTER! - turned right ahead of me!

Final impression then - s great bike if you accept it's limitations as positives. Sit back, enjoy the scenery and enjoy biking like it used to be but with (mostly) better/safer roads!

Peter, Nostalgia Upholstery took my stock seat for the Interceptor and installed a few buxom blondes to gently massage my arse whilst I rode around the back lanes and B roads, guy is Chris Bugg and does an excellent job and very reasonable too.

https://www.nostalgiaupholstery.com/

I have 2 seats, the RE touring and the customer one......this is the custom one from Chris at Nostalgia, you tell him what you want, what design etc....I had an increase of 20mm from stock and Gell pads fitted, some red stitching etc
70da80c24386ddfa4f20c26eef719700.jpg
73566a851a8c68f3033d9d2c67b45e39.jpg
9b06be7438ae6f2eb73b5c7fb5803612.jpg

Ta for that. Just sent them a message re a quote.

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

Good one Peter :thumb

I tried to tell you about the midges :D

As I've said in a previous thread, I have no qualms about the 21" front wheel and certainly have no need to start weighting the pegs Aka UTT :D

I came down the B6277 from High Force to Middleton in Teesdale ... a favourite razzing road of mine, but keep away on Bank Holidays and weekends :eek:

The Himalayan handled to me as good as any other 'bike ... never had to brake, it just rolled in and out of the corners superbly ... and my licence was never going to get shredded :rob

Bigger luggage? You will only fill any available space :blast

A six month overland trip and we took far too much :D

i-NWxSLtV-M.jpg

:beerjug:

Good one Peter :thumb

I tried to tell you about the midges :D

As I've said in a previous thread, I have no qualms about the 21" front wheel and certainly have no need to start weighting the pegs Aka UTT :D

I came down the B6277 from High Force to Middleton in Teesdale ... a favourite razzing road of mine, but keep away on Bank Holidays and weekends :eek:

The Himalayan handled to me as good as any other 'bike ... never had to brake, it just rolled in and out of the corners superbly ... and my licence was never going to get shredded :rob

Bigger luggage? You will only fill any available space :blast

A six month overland trip and we took far too much :D

i-NWxSLtV-M.jpg

:D I know, i just like playing with the bike, i like being involved with it and the Himmy is a bike you can and need to get involved with to get the best from it and that's what i love about it, controlling it, it's part of what riding a motorsickle is about for me and weighting the pegs does help the bike turn better but, yes, it's not really needed as counter steering does the job adequately. :thumb2

The local IAM group did a ride out to the Borders yesterday and I took the Himalaya. It wasn't the weather for making brisk progress (ehbsolutely buyling as we say in posh Embra :D) but I was well pleased at how the beast kept up at around the national limit on such roads. :thumb2

It's also occurred that the solution to my luggage issue is to have one medium soft pannier on the exhaust side and one large soft pannier on the other side! DOH! :blast

I'll fire off a mail to Lomo and see if they'll split a pair!

The local IAM group did a ride out to the Borders yesterday and I took the Himalaya. It wasn't the weather for making brisk progress (ehbsolutely buyling as we say in posh Embra :D) but I was well pleased at how the beast kept up at around the national limit on such roads. :thumb2

One of the reasons I packed in with my local IAM Group Peter .... they couldn't keep up :blast

Back
Top Bottom