R1150 GS tyre mix

Gr0m1t

Reaction score
Hi
New member to the forum with GS 1150 that has now done 85000 miles.
Recently had a puncture on the very North coast of Scotland and had no choice but to replace my rear Tourance with a Continental TKC 70. Still has a front Tourance.
First impressions were OK...but I just sense a slight reluctance slow cornering and on slow manoeuvres.
Just wondering if anyone else has used this tyre combination. If so we're you happy.
Chris

Hi
New member to the forum with GS 1150 that has now done 85000 miles.
Recently had a puncture on the very North coast of Scotland and had no choice but to replace my rear Tourance with a Continental TKC 70. Still has a front Tourance.
First impressions were OK...but I just sense a slight reluctance slow cornering and on slow manoeuvres.
Just wondering if anyone else has used this tyre combination. If so we're you happy.
Chris

If your front has done 85000 miles........
Seriously, almost any modern tyre will work with another at a pinch, but one new and one old will have a difference in terms of profile ie one new and one worn. The "reluctance" is probably the jiggly dance between the worn and part worn profiles.
I have previously fitted one tyre at a time and found the above - now I change in pairs, whilst i can afford to.

The front tyre is knew too so thank you... that's what I was hoping for... I'll run them both in a little more. Yes I git a 3 inch gash in my rear tyre just outside Tongue, on the north coast and managed to get a lift to Wick. The Continentsl was my only option at the time.
The front tyre had only just been replaced together with the front wheel bearings. Such is life.

Back
Top Bottom