Hunter walk around

Ride is embargoed until 10th August. Styling looks refreshing. No details on price but I recon £4.5 to sit alongside Scram411

https://youtu.be/oSWq_i6h2BY

Steve

Looks great Steve .... Royal Enfield are on a roll at the moment. Good quality and gets on with the job :thumb2

There are those of course that will complain that it's underpowered :blast

:beerjug:

Indian prices revealed £1600 ish , Himmy is appx £1900 in the domestic market and just under £5k here, so my bet is £4400/ £4450 similar to Classic 350. At that price they have very little competition as Ktm390 is over £5k and Honda CB300 is £5100.

I bet they will clean up on 60/70 year old riders who want a “ real bike”:thats easy to push around the garage and yet sprightly for a nice lanes ride. Plus lots of bright things to polish :)

https://youtu.be/nqSFsIT-nHc

Steve

I think that looks really good, esp in the blue and white scheme. Sounds good, too.

I think it'll appeal to the hipsters as well as older riders - a decent bike for city centres and stylish cafes alike.

I think that looks really good, esp in the blue and white scheme. Sounds good, too.

I think it'll appeal to the hipsters as well as older riders - a decent bike for city centres and stylish cafes alike.
I would agree, a stylish alternative to a maxi scooter for town and lanes RE seem to have a finger on the pulse, would love to see a 650 twin Scram coming out.

Looks great Steve .... Royal Enfield are on a roll at the moment. Good quality and gets on with the job :thumb2

There are those of course that will complain that it's underpowered :blast

I agree with you Micky.

For the first time I went to look at some RE’s today. Decent motorbikes, for really not a lot of money, especially when compared with the offerings from the mainline manufacturers. I think RE have been quite clever and aped the car manufacturers, using what seems to be a common platform and then worked on variations to base it on. That they can benefit from cheap Indian labour rates obviously helps, too.

The dealership I visited was very friendly, honest in their assessment of the bikes on display, their advantages and (just as importantly) their limitations. When it came to limitations, they were mildly amused when I told them that I used to ride from Northamptonshire to London in the 70’s on a Casal 125; so any Royal Enfield in the range today would have been a luxury then. I am going for an extended test ride later in the week.

I agree with you Micky.

For the first time I went to look at some RE’s today. Decent motorbikes, for really not a lot of money, especially when compared with the offerings from the mainline manufacturers. I think RE have been quite clever and aped the car manufacturers, using what seems to be a common platform and then worked on variations to base it on. That they can benefit from cheap Indian labour rates obviously helps, too.

The dealership I visited was very friendly, honest in their assessment of the bikes on display, their advantages and (just as importantly) their limitations. When it came to limitations, they were mildly amused when I told them that I used to ride from Northamptonshire to London in the 70’s on a Casal 125; so any Royal Enfield in the range today would have been a luxury then. I am going for an extended test ride later in the week.

My cousin bought an immaculate low mileage RE Interceptor a couple of weeks ago for not a lot of money, had a short ride on it on the private roads around the farm and what a lovely bike to ride , could be tempted if I wasn't building the XS650

My cousin bought an immaculate low mileage RE Interceptor a couple of weeks ago for not a lot of money, had a short ride on it on the private roads around the farm and what a lovely bike to ride , could be tempted if I wasn't building the XS650

Neil I test rode one at the ABR weekend. The bike was brand new with 92 miles on the clock. First impression when setting off on grass was its heavy , but so smooth. Out on the road the weight evaporated and the handling was really nice. It tracked well into corners and given it had 92 miles I didnt thrash it. There is no discernible powerband its just smooth progress.

Back
Top Bottom