ULEZ

My certificate arrived this morning after sending the request on 21st July .. previous bikes had taken a few days for the certificate to arrive .

I received my CoC for the forever 1150GSA at the end of the week. So it took them circa 2 weeks…

However, I’ll give it to BMW Motorrad, just a simple email sent from me with my bike’s V5, my Drivers License, a pic of the bike showing the number plate and voila all done

Very happy, now have my bike for weekend touring and heavy London traffic 110 mile commuting, all on one bike.

I received my CoC for the forever 1150GSA at the end of the week. So it took them circa 2 weeks…

However, I’ll give it to BMW Motorrad, just a simple email sent from me with my bike’s V5, my Drivers License, a pic of the bike showing the number plate and voila all done

Very happy, now have my bike for weekend touring and heavy London traffic 110 mile commuting, all on one bike.

Hello, Nando...Well done, you.

What year is your 1150GS, please? Mine is a 2001 and I got the following note back from BMW on Friday 21st October....." "Due to the age of the vehicle, an EU Certificate of Conformity is not available"......How can THAT be?!

Has to be >2002

What year is your 1150GS, please? Mine is a 2001 and I got the following note back from BMW on Friday 21st October....." "Due to the age of the vehicle, an EU Certificate of Conformity is not available"......How can THAT be?!

Hi Kit

Then unfortunately that is the issue…

I was told before buying my 2005 bike that anything <2002 can be an issue for BMW CoC. To be super safe, buy 2003 + as you are then more safely covered.

Apologies for the bad new!

Presumably a 2002 1150 with oe exhaust should pass the test without any trouble.

Nando,
I had that sinking feeling after reading your note that I had actually read that on on a post before.....This is a bike that I have brought back form Germany and now face DVLA documentation challenge...Eeeek!

Nando,
I had that sinking feeling after reading your note that I had actually read that on on a post before.....This is a bike that I have brought back form Germany and now face DVLA documentation challenge...Eeeek!

Kit

You’ll be fine. German docs will be a pain to sort but you’ll get there

The ULEZ testing is a garage that will charge up to £400 ish and voila, you’ll be ULEZ exempt plus it helps the bike resale value

Best of luck

Kit

You’ll be fine. German docs will be a pain to sort but you’ll get there

The ULEZ testing is a garage that will charge up to £400 ish and voila, you’ll be ULEZ exempt plus it helps the bike resale value

Best of luck

Nando:
Confirming:
- Catalytic Converter: 195 pounds
- Installation: 100 pounds
- Test: 175 pounds
TOTAL: 470 pounds
Riverbank Business Park, 3 Dye House Ln, Bow, London E3 2TB

Nando:
Confirming:
- Catalytic Converter: 195 pounds
- Installation: 100 pounds
- Test: 175 pounds
TOTAL: 470 pounds
Riverbank Business Park, 3 Dye House Ln, Bow, London E3 2TB

Cheeky buggers

Your bike already has a catalytic converter!!!

So you should hopefully just pass the test!!!

You can “help” your bike pass, from memory:

- high quality petrol in the tank
- original cat and exhaust
- put the engine through one of those liquid cleaner things a few days before

Basically help your bike be “as clean” as it can be for the test

From memory our bikes are great re what it spits out so as long as your Cat is working ok, you might pass the test fine?

That’s my thinking but someone like Steptoe & others will know more

Cheeky buggers

Your bike already has a catalytic converter!!!

So you should hopefully just pass the test!!!

You can “help” your bike pass, from memory:

- high quality petrol in the tank
- original cat and exhaust
- put the engine through one of those liquid cleaner things a few days before

Basically help your bike be “as clean” as it can be for the test

From memory our bikes are great re what it spits out so as long as your Cat is working ok, you might pass the test fine?

That’s my thinking but someone like Steptoe & others will know more

Nando, Thanks for that further Info & advice ...I might have to 'borrow' an OEM exhaust fir the test (Akrapovic is fitted).....

Nando, Thanks for that further Info & advice ...I might have to 'borrow' an OEM exhaust fir the test (Akrapovic is fitted).....

Wait wait - if you still have the catalytic converter at the bottom I think you should be ok

Most of us put a y piece for weight saving and freeing the engine

But for the test you definitely want your cat in

However, Steptoe & co can confirm

My certificate arrived this morning after sending the request on 21st July .. previous bikes had taken a few days for the certificate to arrive .

Mine arrived today after applying Saturday, so 5 days turn-around. There's a note added that they are getting a high volume of enquiries.

I sent BMW motorrad an email and got a copy for printing out based on the VIN no. which was good enough for the DVLA when getting it UK registered
A pukka copy through the post costs ££££.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Mines a year 2000 Bike and just had the same message back ;( I live in Sussex so not a great problem but would've liked to have got a CofC, then travelling in Europe in the future might have neen easier rather than my Cat5 status in France for my bike, which will be mega prohibitive in the future me thinks.

My GS was registered as exempt thanks to the BMW letter, however it has been removed from exemption since. No idea when as I was not informed, just luck that I thought I'd check before going to London. My guess is that the TFL system now bases everything on DVLA V5 information, my V5 just has a blank space for nox emissions. Getting DVLA to change their details is the way forward... but I don't yet know how...

My GS was registered as exempt thanks to the BMW letter, however it has been removed from exemption since. No idea when as I was not informed, just luck that I thought I'd check before going to London. My guess is that the TFL system now bases everything on DVLA V5 information, my V5 just has a blank space for nox emissions. Getting DVLA to change their details is the way forward... but I don't yet know how...

It's probably a database error. My first bike to be exempted was not on the database even though they sent me a confirmation. I got a warning letter after I started using it in the ULEZ and so called them up, they said wait until you get an actual fine then appeal it with the evidence I had. I did this and it was exempted once again as a result of the appeal.

All four of my 1150 bikes that have been exempted and have no NOX or emmision data on the V5’s are all still exempt. Two of them are used in the ULEZ area almost daily. Perhaps as your bike doesn’t come into the area has something to do with it being removed from TFL exemption.

It does seem ridiculous to have the COngestion charge (central London) free for motorbikes but getting to that area will cost you!

It does seem ridiculous to have the COngestion charge (central London) free for motorbikes but getting to that area will cost you!
The exemption applies to the whole ULEZ zone, inner and the new outer area.

Back
Top Bottom