ULEZ

The exemption applies to the whole ULEZ zone, inner and the new outer area.
My bike is free for the congestion charge zone (centre) but I have to pay for the LEZ and ULEZ zones. My comment was about the Congestion charge zone (centre of London).

I applied to BMW for a cert of conformity for my wife’s f650cs and it took months to get but BMW did keep emailing apologising for the delay as they had so many requests for certification.

I applied to BMW for a cert of conformity for my wife’s f650cs and it took months to get but BMW did keep emailing apologising for the delay as they had so many requests for certification.

Thanks Garry. I’m waiting for mine and then I hope TFL grant my 1150 the right to ride free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I requested a CoC from BMW UK yesterday too. I don't often ride into London (maybe 5 or 6 times a year for work) so it's not worth the cost of getting the bike tested (and in any case with non-standard fuel/ignition mapping and no cat it would fail) vs occasionally paying the ULEZ fee. But if I can get it exempted for no charge I don't mind waiting for however long that takes.

I have four 1150 (various models) all are exempt from the ULEZ charge, done a few years ago, only took a few days from applying to bmw for a CofC and exemption from TFL. That was before the recent extension and rush for certificates from bmw,

i have an 04 GSA
The certificate of conformity was requested by the ECCOC address, posted on a previous page, and i received a response in 12 weeks. e mailed this and a complete copy of the v5, every page, even the blank one to TfL and was made exempt. No need for a test.

I spoke with BMW today and they said they are about 6 weeks delayed getting any COC out.
People have had since April 2019 to obtain a CoC, obvs unless you’ve just bought the bike and from outside London, Also bmw wanted .£50 for a certificate for the first couple of months after ULEZ started back in 2019. ..

I've just received an email from BMW 4 weeks after first contacting them which isn't bad. However what they've sent attached isn't a CoC as I'd expect (i.e. a homologation document like I received from Piaggio for my Guzzi) - it's a letter confirming that my bike (referenced by VIN) has specific NOx emission and confirms to a stated type approval certificate. Is that what others received and used with TfL? Just thought I'd check before getting laughed at by TfL for chancing my luck.

I've just received an email from BMW 4 weeks after first contacting them which isn't bad. However what they've sent attached isn't a CoC as I'd expect (i.e. a homologation document like I received from Piaggio for my Guzzi) - it's a letter confirming that my bike (referenced by VIN) has specific NOx emission and confirms to a stated type approval certificate. Is that what others received and used with TfL? Just thought I'd check before getting laughed at by TfL for chancing my luck.
Does the information show your bike emit less than 0.15g/km of NOx? If it does then it's compliant.

I think that's what I got a few years ago when I did my Rockster. Seemed to work .:)
(that reminds me - will need to do the new Rockster if I end up using it.)

The TfL website is confusing. Who'd have thought it........ One page says you need to submit the letter (specifying reg number which mine doesn't) which must be signed by a person whose name is clearly legible (it isn't) and a CoC plus the V5C. Another page says you need just 'confirmation in writing from the manufacturer' (or something like that) and the V5C.

I've submitted what I have (letter with illegible signature plus V5C) and will wait and see.

Well wonders will never cease. A whole 2 hours after I submitted my application I received a letter via email confirming that my GS is now approved and listed as compliant with the ULEZ. Result! :bounce1

The same as Sproggy, my 2002 GSA is now ULEZ exempt following the same process. Phew!

Back
Top Bottom