GSA Spluttering at 4000 rpm : Help please

red line

Reaction score
my 2006 GSA is spluttering at 4000 rpm when warmed up.
I have put new plugs in two weeks ago and no change.
tried the advice of running just on primary coils and sill spluttering at 4000 rpm
Bike is very very rough spluttering on just secondary coils. from what I heard the bike should run fine on only secondary coils
if I use primary on one side and secondary on the other side, it runs very rough also spluttering at around 3000

does this mean all coils need to be replaced?
or could there be other issues?

Internal tank filter collapsed or coils would be my guess

Don’t know for certain but logically when it runs the worst, one or both of that pair are faulty.

Mine was had the same spluttering under power issue when I ran just on my secondary coils. Haven’t worked out which of mine are the problem, or if indeed it’s the coils at all.

If you need coils go to sparkplugs.co.uk and look for the ones by Champion, they are made by Beru who make them for BMW. I purchased all 4 for less than £200 delivered.
No connection to the company only a satisfied customer

If your bike is struggling to rev above 4K revs it’ll be the main coils that are breaking down. The secondary plugs fire slightly retarded than the mains to help clear up emissions. Secondary’s will cope at lower revs but not if the ignition is fully advanced.

If your bike is struggling to rev above 4K revs it’ll be the main coils that are breaking down. The secondary plugs fire slightly retarded than the mains to help clear up emissions. Secondary’s will cope at lower revs but not if the ignition is fully advanced.

Exactly what mine did. Replaced both main coils and it was fine after.

Back
Top Bottom