Zumo 660 resets after loading a new route?

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
My trusty 660 surprised me today. I loaded a route from Mapsource and when it asked to recalculate the new route, I pressed yes.
Next thing, it goes off and reboots. All saved waypoints wiped, like a factory reset.
I plugged it in again and copied the gpx file to the gpx folder in the device and was able to get the route to work that way.
Anyone ever had this happen?
Bin

I am guessing that the recalculation, for whatever reason, over taxed its little brain.

Wapping you are probably right. One of the routes was sent to me as a MyRoute file which I saves as a GPX, then opened in Mapsource. MAybe too complicated. Hate to give up on the 660 but it is struggling with the latest maps. Slow to re-draw screen at times.

After its significant initial teething problems, the 660 became a really good and very popular device. It is though now well out of Garmin support and all but geriatric. It might be time to parcel it off to the old folks’ home.

Hi,
My trusty 660 surprised me today. I loaded a route from Mapsource and when it asked to recalculate the new route, I pressed yes.
Next thing, it goes off and reboots. All saved waypoints wiped, like a factory reset.
I plugged it in again and copied the gpx file to the gpx folder in the device and was able to get the route to work that way.
Anyone ever had this happen?
Bin

This same thing happened to me yesterday. I tried to load a route from Mapsource that was created and calculated on an older version of the map coverage that I don't have any more. Did exactly the same thing like a factory reset and wiped all of my favourites and thought I was in USA. Did it ever happen again ?

Back
Top Bottom