Engine pushing to the right off idle

prossett

Reaction score
Hello all,
Looking at a 2001 R1150gs, around 70k km - at idle, the cylinders seem off-balance, as if there were misfiring. Then, as you blip the throttle, the engine pushes to the right. It's quite obvious and you can feel it through the seat and need to adjust your stance to counter it. Once underway, it's not discernible, and it rides smoothly. Very nice bike, actually. What could it be, and would that be reason enough to walk away?

Boxer engines do that.

You should try an airhead, it's more pronounced. They rock when revved at a standstill. Perfectly normal.

OK, thanks - that's interesting. The seller was on about the air/fuel mixture being off, which didn't quite explain it. But if it's a normal shudder...

Very well, last thing I should do is trust the Internet... except of course if it's about an R1150GS on ukgser! Cheers.

It's a reaction to the mass of the engine when the throttle is blipped.

Hello all,
Looking at a 2001 R1150gs, around 70k km - at idle, the cylinders seem off-balance, as if there were misfiring. Then, as you blip the throttle, the engine pushes to the right. It's quite obvious and you can feel it through the seat and need to adjust your stance to counter it. Once underway, it's not discernible, and it rides smoothly. Very nice bike, actually. What could it be, and would that be reason enough to walk away?

you are having a laugh, surely ?

may i suggest you look for a 1200 , might be more " up your street " ?

Yep or try and ride a R 1800= nearly tips you over when starting and you are not prepared!!!
The momentum of the engine is incredible...when revving up in still stand he whole thing wobbles to the right,:D:Dp

Torque=Force x Distance last time I looked ?

Is UKGSer rewriting the Laws of Physics ??

Mass was something my mother forced me to go to every sunday as a child. :(

Back
Top Bottom