Royal Enfield Navigation app

Wapping

Reaction score
I have started to play around with Royal Enfield’s Navigstion app.

At the moment it is pretty clunky, though, as it is Google maps based, it can no doubt be improved. It is pretty difficult (though not impossible) to create bespoke routes on even a large phone; I found it much easier (with practice) to use my large iPad. For simple A to B or even A to C, via B routes, it is pretty simple and adequate enough for most basic purposes. It will, for example avoid ‘highways’ and ‘tolls’.

e950b72083ea243726f41943f1429c6e.png

17522d415314387fb72a61e09de45758.png

ffc8d7860f43877ea7afe0fd525fabc0.png

There are though several things (lots really) it can’t yet do, or at least I haven’t found out how they might be done. These include:

A. Importing a route, from say MyRoute, isn’t yet possible.

B. Saving a route for use later. ‘My Routes’ (which I presume is some sort of library) is greyed out.

C. Sharing a route doesn’t seem to work. It does half the job but then falls over.

That is not a fully inclusive list.

I have asked Paul if he would be kind enough to create a sub-section in the GPS part of the forum.

Having in mind that it has taken BMW several years to get where they are with their app, it’s not surprising that a much lesser company like Royal Enfield is behind the curve. Early days, as they say. Similarly, at least it is web based, so useable on an iPad or smartphone, which is more than Garmin has managed in its lifetime.

Attachments

• sxt4ant_16.jpg
    sxt4ant_16.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 143
Suitably old school but feck all use if it is dark or raining. The latter it does a lot up north, I am given to understand. Also, feck all good for longitude.

I think there is a big difference in the software with the Indian market version being much more useful.

Suitably old school but feck all use if it is dark or raining. The latter it does a lot up north, I am given to understand. Also, feck all good for longitude.

That explains why I've never made to the Shetlands.:confused:

My Euro4 Himalayan only has a compass, it is absolutely useless. It’s the only thing that doesn’t work, but it doesn’t effect my enjoyment of a wonderful bit of kit.

Back
Top Bottom