Recommend me a Café

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for a great café recommendation to ride to on a Sunday morning. Ideally out in the countryside, maybe somewhere by the river, scenic etc. good choice of Veggie/Vegan options is a must.

Preferably to be within 1 hour riding time through the country lanes from Watford, Herts.

Obvious choice would be the longstanding biker cafes for the majority, but I just don’t do that sort of scene.
Tend to stay away from the crowded places like Ace or Supersausage Cafe. Bike Shed is nice, but fancy to try something else now.

Don't know of anything in your proposed radius, but look out for canal lock systems, preserved railways or aircraft museums. :thumb

Yep that’s a good ‘un as well.

That does look nice. And it is sort of on the way to the Cotswolds too.

Your suggestion Nin not to bad either.

I will have a look at trip advisor.

I think the op would struggle to get to Benson from watford in an hour

I think the op would struggle to get to Benson from watford in an hour

It was more of a figure of speech if you like.
I quite often take a ride out that way through the Chilterns on my way to the Cotswolds. If need be, I can jump on the M25/M40 and make it in an hour or so. but I rather be riding on the country roads.

Given the Waterfront is right next to a Thames boat yard at Benson, you can expect busy on a Sunday, with parking at a premium & infested with myopic drivers - still dents in my car pop out for a few £s, but I do object to the culprit doing a runner rather than face the music.

It's an interesting spot to while away an hour or so, but you need to get there early during the school hols.

Ev if the Waterfront is full just give me a call and I’ll get the Gaggia fired up.

Ev if the Waterfront is full just give me a call and I’ll get the Gaggia fired up.

Thank you Nin, very kind.

I haven’t much time on Sunday morning, so I was planing to get out early for a quick turnaround. Wifey and I have to be in Kent by midday, so might have to find something a bit more local, due to most place I looked at do not open before 9am.

Wings Cafe, North Weald airfield. Opens 09:00, gets good reviews, about an hour away.

Wings Cafe, North Weald airfield. Opens 09:00, gets good reviews, about an hour away.

Perfect! Just the location, without being to far. Thank you chum!
Anybody who’s up for a breakfast and does live near by, I’d be happy to meet you there, over a cup of coffee.

Pilots like their scran and usually vote with their feet (or wings), so should still be a good option.

Full Wapping style ride report back please! Sorry can’t join as I’m dealing with elderly parents …

Have arrived, a bit of a going around to find the entrance. Wasted some 20 minutes, not least because zumo XT has dumped all maps and I was trying to find my way around, using Google maps on the phone. which does live in the tank bag. So meant stopping at every corner and post.

Will report with some pics in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom