Route 61

mad-dawg

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone recently travelled South on route 61 past Cologne?
I know it was shut last year because of the floods but Google suggests closed northbound and nothing else shows an issue in either direction including Bayerinfo.
Tried searching but no confirmed closure southbound.
Thanks

Thanks, it appears to show okay south bound hence why I asked for recent Southbound experience.
Google traffic shows road closed till November or December 2022 but other routing apps show open South and closed North.

I doubt there’s a lot of UKGSer’s ploughing past Cologne, but you never know. Have you tried pumping your route into ViaMichelin, which is sometimes pretty good at identifying closed roads. Is it vital that you use the road?

Tried Via Michelin, it shows route okay Southbound, as does Waze and various other Apps, I am travelling from Rotterdam to Heilbronn and the 61 should be the quickest and most direct route.
Its not the end of the world if its shut when I get there, I may just have to cut the first day short if it becomes a marathon.
Thanks

If I plot a route between Venlo & Speyer in Google maps, it says use the A61 with a bit of a wiggle at one point, (off the motorway and back on at the same junction.
If I reverse the route it wont let me use a chunk of the A61 so it looks like its okay-ish South.

If in doubt, run down the A3. I was on the A61 a few months ago. Lot of roadworks if I remember correctly

It says its closed between Venlo and Bergheim, which is south.
If it had said between Bergheim and Venlo...

Any closures are usually well sign-posted with the "U" (Umleitung) signs.
like "U2". Blue signs for motorway diversions and yellow for other road diversions.

Thanks for the ADAC link, I read it that the information was for drivers travelling from the South. (so heading North) Cant see anywhere it says closed between Venlo and Bergheim.

It would be a 7-8 hour day if I got a clear run, I will add a day to the trip take a different route and avoid the A61

Back
Top Bottom