La Palma

Wapping

Reaction score
For anyone down in that part of the world, this (lifted from Tourenfahrer magazine, September 2022 edition) might be useful.

692b0386099f6902734aa1354b5cbc31.png

Download the routes in the usual way.

I hired a jeep in Gran Canaria 40 odd years ago and was really impressed with the roads inland. If you like rugged mountainous scenery, then a week riding a 350cc to 650cc suitable bike would be an amazing trip, especially as a winter break.

That’s La Palma, not Gran Canaria

Your right Sven, the map is of the island of La Palma, its probably different now after the volcano caused alot of damage to infrastructure in certain parts of the island. But the island of Gran Canaria is in my opinion the best for a motorcycle adventure. Well done for spotting Wapping's deliberate mistake..:D

Just returned from a two week family holiday on La Palma, we rented a car for a few days to get about the island and I thought it'd make a great biking destination. Roads are now largely rebuilt over the lava flows, so there's some interesting views along the way. The north and the south of the island are very different. I didn't enquire about motorcycle hire though as had my wife and daughter to shuttle around.

Your right Sven, the map is of the island of La Palma, its probably different now after the volcano caused alot of damage to infrastructure in certain parts of the island. But the island of Gran Canaria is in my opinion the best for a motorcycle adventure. Well done for spotting Wapping's deliberate mistake..:D

I went to Gran Canaria between Xmas and New Year last year and loved it. The roads and scenery were fantastic, even in a Mini Cooper hire car :beerjug: It would have been cheaper to hire a bike too, but my wife was awaiting a knee op, so couldn't ride :(

Back
Top Bottom