60 seconds of Wales (or maybe more)

er-minio

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am currently traveling on the GS through France, direction Italy, but got stuck all day in the hotel today due to massive thunderstorms in the area... managed to spend some time in the (very comfy) hotel lobby going through the footage from past weekend, spent greenlaning in Wales with a few other bikes.

Been luckier with the weather there instead: three weeks ago I did the Welsh Three Peaks Challenge with some work colleagues and we go absolutely soaked over the ~19 hours it took us to complete the peaks.
Then came back two weeks later, this time with incredible weather, for some riding. Thank god, otherwise it would have been much less fun than what it was. :D

gsw06.png

gsw02.jpg

Video, just 60 seconds, I promise:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JeFTtZP84H8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Incredible, makes me want to come back and do it again with my smaller bike (I'm still learning - lighter bike would help massively) as I had to skip most of the last bit, Strata Florida, as it got a bit too complex for my skill level + tired as hell.
We also had some electrical issues (one of the GSs got stranded, had to progress alone to alert the others somehow) that made me realise you don't need to be in the middle of Sahara to benefit from something like Garmin's InReach... you can just get stuck in the middle of Wales with zero phone reception and a solid hour of riding in any direction :D

Ah! Thanks!
I suspect Steve (GS rallye, dive in the water) might be on UKGSer as well :)

Well that was rather excellent!

I see you’re still quite partial to a Ford or two, and that was the sort of crash in a rut that Warlord can only dream of ;)

Have a good trip :beerjug:

Remind me not to buy a bike off you guys :p

I see you’re still quite partial to a Ford or two

haha - yep! :)

Remind me not to buy a bike off you guys

:D :D :D

Ahah - not sure I can ever sell that thing.
Here it was, today, in Mount Ventoux. Just turned 67000miles.

mtventoux.jpg

This is again from the weekend in Wales: offroad and road setup (wheels, screen, plus minutiae)

off.jpg

road.jpg

Because of the issues we had on the trails we ended up back in the hotel parking lot just before midnight. Time to put the screen back on and swap the wheels and I decided to get back to London instead of spending an extra night in Bristol... got back home at 3AM. I'll take the hotel next time... :D

Great video. and pictures :thumb2

Done a few of the Welsh trails on my Himalayan, never done the Strata Florida as it's beyond my skill level. I really hate ruts, just can't seem to track them these days, last time out i came a real cropper in a mud rut :blast

Great little film. Most are much, much too long.

Well timed cymbal crash as chap falls in the water :thumb2

Ahah - again, thanks.

By the way, if someone still has doubts on the original Zumo XT cradle's strength (I read it often in here)... ya'll be ok. :D
When I crashed it did stay in place, only the RAM ball mount shifted a (fair) bit.

I am currently traveling on the GS through France, direction Italy, but got stuck all day in the hotel today due to massive thunderstorms in the area... managed to spend some time in the (very comfy) hotel lobby going through the footage from past weekend, spent greenlaning in Wales with a few other bikes.

Been luckier with the weather there instead: three weeks ago I did the Welsh Three Peaks Challenge with some work colleagues and we go absolutely soaked over the ~19 hours it took us to complete the peaks.
Then came back two weeks later, this time with incredible weather, for some riding. Thank god, otherwise it would have been much less fun than what it was. :D

gsw06.png

gsw02.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JeFTtZP84H8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Incredible, makes me want to come back and do it again with my smaller bike (I'm still learning - lighter bike would help massively) as I had to skip most of the last bit, Strata Florida, as it got a bit too complex for my skill level + tired as hell.
We also had some electrical issues (one of the GSs got stranded, had to progress alone to alert the others somehow) that made me realise you don't need to be in the middle of Sahara to benefit from something like Garmin's InReach... you can just get stuck in the middle of Wales with zero phone reception and a solid hour of riding in any direction :D

Very impressive; well it is to me; i have no offroad skill at all; and could end up upside down just bumping up a kerb:D:beerjug:

gsw06.png

gsw02.jpg

I like the look of some of those lanes. The off road looks a bit daunting for a solo attempt.

Back
Top Bottom