HEX GS-911

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I do all my own servicing. Everything but the Valve clearance check. I was recommended a local independent motorcycle shop. So I decided to drop it in for them to do the valve check and reset the service date. On collection, he said he hadn't done the service reminder yet, And as I went to pay I noticed the price. £30 over what BMW charge. I asked what the £30 was for. "To plug in and reset service reminder" :mad: BMW Do not charge extra for that......
I told him not to bother. Got home and purchased a GS-911 WiFi. So I can do it myself.
So, if anyone has any tips or tricks for this new device Im all ears !
:okay

Attachments

• 2b.03.57.H1HexInnovateGS911WiFiOBD10017866.jpg
    2b.03.57.H1HexInnovateGS911WiFiOBD10017866.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 228
I do all my own servicing. Everything but the Valve clearance check. I was recommended a local independent motorcycle shop. So I decided to drop it in for them to do the valve check and reset the service date. On collection, he said he hadn't done the service reminder yet, And as I went to pay I noticed the price. £30 over what BMW charge. I asked what the £30 was for. "To plug in and reset service reminder" :mad: BMW Do not charge extra for that......
I told him not to bother. Got home and purchased a GS-911 WiFi. So I can do it myself.
So, if anyone has any tips or tricks for this new device Im all ears !
:okay

And his unit will be a pro version, so effectively free money

that's taking the piss. Surely part of doing the service is to reset the reminder.....

If he fits tyres does he charge extra for the air he puts in?

that's taking the piss. Surely part of doing the service is to reset the reminder.....

If he fits tyres does he charge extra for the air he puts in?

I tried to explain to him. But he wasn't interested. Strange, as He knew there were a few of us that would have used him as all out of warranty. He insisted that BMW motorrad charge £40 to plug it in. But I've never been charged for that.

Thanks for moving, I didn't know there was a separate forum for it:thumb

If you can do a full service on your bike, then why not have a go at the valve clearance check, it seems a little daunting at first but its quite straightforward, just take you time. The wetheads rarely need adjustments.

Here you go. http://www.jimvonbaden.com/Wethead.html

If you can do a full service on your bike, then why not have a go at the valve clearance check, it seems a little daunting at first but its quite straightforward, just take you time. The wetheads rarely need adjustments.

You are bang on. I know I could do it. But id need to do it with someone first. As you say, Daunting. If only i could find someone to show me, Once !

Ive just found this, I have posted a link above. Jim does some great vidios. good luck..

Received it today. And used it. Love it. Very simple to set up, register, Update and run. Didn't show any faults. And reset the service reminder. Worth every penny !

I had the old yellow Bluetooth version with 10-pin connector for years for my old Hexhead GSA, it was invaluable.

When I eventually traded the bike I gave that unit to a mate who just bought a K1300S with an insurance payout (T-boned by a U-turner).

As soon as I agreed to buy my current 1250 I bought the new GS911 with the OBD connector, luckily on a free professional license promotion.

Great bits of kit

Yeah, I see that advert for the free professional licence. That's a proper bonus that is. Im hoping they will do it again? I've only been playing with it today, Lots to take in. But yes, what a great bit of kit. On the packaging, it says "The Swiss army knife tool for your motorcycle" They're not wrong.

I watched all the comparison videos during my research. Motoscan is much cheaper, because it doesn't do half of what the Hex GS911 offers. Which is why i went with the 911.

I watched all the comparison videos during my research. Motoscan is much cheaper, because it doesn't do half of what the Hex GS911 offers. Which is why i went with the 911.

Interesting, can you give an example? I thought the benefit of the GS911 over the Motoscan was a slightly better user interface and clearer fault codes. The Motoscan being more than competent for home mechanic undertaking servicing tasks.

Do some research on the new Second generation Hex GS-911. It far out performs the Motoscan unit. The 911 is more comprehensive. In fact, if i'm correct, in the video above he is stating that the motoscan can be used from a phone, where the 911 must be plugged into a PC. Check out the new second generation 911. As has been said, The motoscan unit is ideal for a home use. But the 911 gives dealer user functions.

Friend came round on his 2017 GSA This morning. Within two hours, Id completed a full service on his bike.
Engine oil
Engine oil filter
Spark plugs
Air filter
Final drive oil
Test run, Then plugged in 911. Completed a full scan, Two fault codes recorded and dealt with. First Fuel lock, stripped and cleaned and suspension recalibration. Both faults cleared.
Then reset the service reminder. 365 days and 6k Miles.
Enjoyed doing it. no more dealer visits !

Back
Top Bottom