xt playing spotify issue

DR268

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have an xt and an android Samsung phone

I occasionally play music via my sena headset

I realise that I have to open Spotify on the phone and select play and can then control the tracks on the screen.

My issue is if I stop for fuel etc and turn the bike off the connection is lost and they don't automatically reconnect.

is there a setting I am missing or is it just like that ?

its a bit of a pain as I have a tiger and the usb charger is under the rear seat which in itself is very handy and out of the way but not when I have to take the seat off to restart spotify after every stop.

Ove the USB charger’s output to somewhere more convenient and attach your phone there?

I use a Samsung Android phone for running the BMW Connected app thro’ my 1600’s TFT screen. To do this successfully, I have to switch the phone to always on, ie so that it doesn’t go into sleep mode. Try doing that to see if it keeps the Spotify app running when you stop for fuel.

Try turning your Senna off when you stop for fuel, When you've refuelled let the Nav boot up along with the Phone first then turn on your Senna

i will try keeping the phone on and for another occasion turning the headset off first and see if either works, thinking further on your theories I could maybe stop the xt shutting down when i turn the ignition off. I cant remember if it has a screen sleep time but I will investigate and extend if possible when next at bike.

I only listen to music once in a while if on a motorway or out for a short run to shops for easy parking so its not a major issue

moving the phone from a secure, non distracting, weather protected and no need for another mounting bracket on my bars/mirrors isnt really a step forward, having moved from a gs it isnt a deal breaker but I really like the usb under the seat and has been remarked by my mates on their Gs as "very handy spot that ". It sits nicely on my emergency tools that also fit nicely under the seat unlike the gs that held very little.

as for the XT over my previous Nav v and vi, no comparison. The screen and the connectivity to wifi updates and gpx loading couldn't be better.

Thanks for the replies I will tinker further with those possible theories.

…thinking further on your theories I could maybe stop the xt shutting down when i turn the ignition off. I cant remember if it has a screen sleep time but I will investigate and extend if possible when next at bike.

This for the XT

Display settings

Select Settings > Display.

Orientation
Allows you to set the display to portrait (vertical) or landscape (horizontal).
NOTE: This feature is not available on all product models.

Colour Mode
Allows you to select day or night colour mode. If you select the Auto option, the device automatically switches to day or night colours based on the time of day.

Brightness
Allows you to adjust the display brightness.

Display Timeout
Allows you to set the amount of idle time before your device enters sleep mode while using battery power.

Screenshot
Allows you to take a picture of the device screen. Screenshots are saved in the Screenshot folder of the device storage.

vkfjgyjj

Try turning your Senna off when you stop for fuel, When you've refuelled let the Nav boot up along with the Phone first then turn on your Senna

This works perfect, turn sena off before the bike and turn on again after the bike/nav start. All connects again and hit play on nav

Wapping my other theory of not letting the nav turn off also works, I followed your instructions and turned to sleep to "never". Just hit cancel after power is disconnected and it stays on, then pause music and walk away.

I am sure I will use both methods as I will inevitably forget to turn the Sena off before the bike and the nav screens "cancel" will remind me, so I will use option 2 in this instance. Nav screen stays lit but not a big issue as I doubt I will be away for long and its not the bike battery running down.

Cheers for the help, very happy now

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom