Has OS been critically injured…and other questions to ponder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst his master drifts guiltily through adverts for TC Road Kings……..

You've had pondering time a plenty. What's to be done?

Have you finished pondering yet Twizz, or is there yet more to be pondered ??

Have you finished pondering yet Twizz, or is there yet more to be pondered ??

The bike is now at quote " 4th Dimension the thieving bastards from Egham" ( to date all comms with the claims handlers has been very professional.)

i'm to expect a call from the "Engineer" who will triage the bike this week......

I'm awaiting the assement:

Then the following will happen.

A - They will fix it - The Oil Pan is still on microfiche @ £227 + VAT = and if they do the research the manual shows how to remove it - without removing the engine and gearbox/primary. ( Although it will be hampered by a bent cross member where a previous owner has used it as a jacking point. ( Note - its pressed steel and "bendable")

B - They will write it off ( See bent member! above) and offer me some cash.....

B1 i will reject
C1 they will offer more - i will accept
B2 i will accept
C2 i will enquire into buying salvage
D1 they may tell me "it's theirs now" and i have to bid via "SurreyMCsalvage" on ebay - with everybody else ( some history here it seems - according to the internet of moaning)
D2 They may offer me a price to buy back - i shall ponder
D3 My indie has also suggested he may wish to buy Salvage if i do not..... ( Complicated)
B3 i will tell them to "stick it to the man" and give me my bike back. ( they will charge me eye watering storage fees - see above ref internet)

All of these playbooks could pan out.......

If i take or buy back i suspect i'll buy a new oil pan as it looks a resonable easy job... ( See "Bent Member)

i may however, call it a day - take the cash and fook off..........

still all to play for

T

Good luck with whatever you decide.

You seem to have always had pretty strong attachment to OS to just walk away with a cheque for nothing much more wrong than a damaged oil pan.

Ask yourself this hypothetical question:

You let OS go, get a payout then months later you hear the noise of a Harley and see OS come cruising past you on the A3 ridden by its new owner complete with new oil pan.

How do you feel about it ?

You seem to have always had pretty strong attachment to OS to just walk away with a cheque for nothing much more wrong than a damaged oil pan.

I’m waiting to see what they say/offer…..

Maybe a new chapter awaits…..

Ask yourself this hypothetical question:

You let OS go, get a payout then months later you hear the noise of a Harley and see OS come cruising past you on the A3 ridden by its new owner complete with new oil pan.

How do you feel about it ?

I like this Road King????

Is that the right answer!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom