Sachsenring Moto GP.

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I realise I'm getting a little ahead of myself so I apologise about that.
I've decided to go to the German Moto GP next summer and would be grateful for any hints and tips about places to stay nearby and best place to sit at the circuit please.
I'll hopefully be travelling on my own, I like relatively decent accommodation (private bathroom is a must) and covered grandstand with the best possible views.
At this stage the loose plan is to head to Calais on the Monday afternoon for a late crossing into France allowing me Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to meander to the accommodation in time for Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the circuit before heading of after the race towards Calais, hopefully to be back home by Monday evening, InshAllah.

I know plenty of you will have been to the circuit so any helpful advice would be very much appreciated please.

TY in advance.

Edit: I should add that Hull - Holland would make much more sense but I won't travel with P&O.

I'm not really much help as I went in 2007.

All I would say is that, if you're a drinker, then it is one sensational, LOUD, piss up - even more so than Jerez or Valencia.

The circuit (grandstands etc) will have changed since 2007 but the layout hasn't. It's for go-karts, so compact. From memory, I would go at the bottom of 'The Omega' or the swoop into T13.

It was the hotest (hottest ?) race of the season in 2007.

I loved it....:thumb2

Edit. 2007. The year when Dani won this particular battle, but Casey won the war.....:cool: :cool: :cool:.....Wish that I could have another go at living that season.

Sachsenring

Like Jonnie Comet we went about 13yrs ago and camped on the hill opposite the track, great party atmosphere all weekend,
If you get time Colditz Castle is only 40 mile away and well worth a visit if you have time.

Excellent, thank you both.

I'd planned to go to Austria, Misano and then Aragon (all two weeks apart) next year but the provisional calendar for 2023 is now out and Aragon is now the end of May!
That screws up all my plans!!!!

Back
Top Bottom