Alaska and The Yukon 2 week trip 2023

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
After a fantastic trip to Alaska this July, I’ve decided it’s too good a trip not to repeat in 2023 and judging by people asking whether I will do it again, I think it will be popular.

The trip report along with a load of pictures is here: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/584090-Alaska-trip-2022

It's a road trip and will be on rental bikes. Some of the roads can get a little rough and there are some sections of hard packed dirt but they are no problem.

I will tweak the trip a little but it will be largely the same as this year,

The trip will start on Sunday 4th June and finishes on Friday 16th June 2023 in Anchorage and the highlights of the trip include:

• Seward
• Wittier Tunnel and Portage Glacier
• Talkeetna
• Mount Denali and Denali Highway
• Fairbanks
• Arctic Circle on the Dalton Highway
• Chena Hot Springs
• Chicken Alaska
• Top of the World Highway
• Dawson City
• Valdez
• Glenn Highway and Matanuska Glacier
• Haines Pass

The route is designed to show you the best of Alaska and takes in many of the must see places in the staggering part of the world.

The trip will be on rental bikes so you fly in, collect your bike, ride with me for 13 days and then drop your bike off at the end of the trip. All motels are pre booked and you pay for these as well as your food, drinks etc as you go. Please remember that the route is planned and I'm guiding the trip so I take all worry out of the organisation and as anyone will tell you who has been on my trips, I'm pretty laid back, know all the places to stop and encourage you to relax and enjoy the wonderful places we are in.

The bikes available are BMW R1250GS's and a couple of BMW F750GS’s so there is an option for everyone. All are equipped with metal panniers and a top box if required.

The trip is ideal for pillions as well as just single riders.

The mileage is around 2700 total with our daily average mileage is about 220 which is very easy up there as there is very little traffic. We also have a great day off in Dawson City which is a fantastic place. The relatively low mileage gives us plenty of time to explore where we are and gives time for plenty of stops to take in everything around us.

Alaska is a truly epic place to ride and experience and it's unlike anywhere you will have been before. One minute you'll be looking at a glacier amongst the snow capped mountains, then you may see a bear wandering along the roadside, a moose feeding in lake and then see Salmon return to spawn in Valdez.

Flights are plentiful in and out of Anchorage, our hotel is a short taxi ride so getting there and back couldn't be easier.

Please message me if you want full details of this great trip.

Attachments

• Alaska 101a.jpg
    Alaska 101a.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 1,043
  • IMG20220724143240.jpg
    IMG20220724143240.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Border.JPG
    Border.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_2252.jpg
    IMG_2252.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,034
Hi Sgt Bilco.
I was only talking to Bakerman last week about this trip. I'm very interested and would be keen to get more information.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I' ve just had an update on the bikes available for this trip next June.

6 x R1250GS's
3 x F850GS's
2 x F750GS's

The bikes will be allocated on a first come first served basis and all are under 2 years old.

All will have metal panniers (Givi or Al Jesse) and top boxes if required.

Attachments

• IMG_1879.jpg
    IMG_1879.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 914
@ Sgt. Bilko.....Ahem....Please consider re-naming this (great!) adventure to be 'Alaska & Canada's Yukon'.....well, at least part of the Yukon!

As a 20-year resident of the magnificent Province of British Columbia, I'm just sayin.... :augie

@ Sgt. Bilko.....Ahem....Please consider re-naming this (great!) adventure to be 'Alaska & Canada's Yukon'.....well, at least part of the Yukon!

As a 20-year resident of the magnificent Province of British Columbia, I'm just sayin.... :augie

Great point and well made. :thumb

This trip is filling up nicely so if anyone is interested, I'll email you all the info.

Pics for appetite whetting :cool:

Attachments

• All at Arctic circle.jpg
    All at Arctic circle.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_2153.jpg
    IMG_2153.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 375
  • Turnagain arm.JPG
    Turnagain arm.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_2116.jpg
    IMG_2116.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 373
Anyone on here going on this trip? I'm signed up with flights booked.

It's my first organised trip in honesty so not sure how it all works, what kit to take etc. but if anyone is going perhaps we could set up a WhatsApp group or similar to share tips and ask questions etc.

I am heading out to Seattle on the 27th May so a few days there first.

DM me if interested in aligning beforehand.

I was lucky enough go one one of Chris' trips a few years ago. Worry not, he'll look after you incredibly well and give you all the information you need and lots more as holiday time approaches.
The trip I did with him was absolutely the best thing I've ever done on a motorbike so sit back, relax and prepare yourself for a whale of a time. I am very, very jealous.

Thanks for the reassurance and advice! Still pinching myself at having the opportunity :beerjug:

I was lucky enough go one one of Chris' trips a few years ago. Worry not, he'll look after you incredibly well and give you all the information you need and lots more as holiday time approaches.
The trip I did with him was absolutely the best thing I've ever done on a motorbike so sit back, relax and prepare yourself for a whale of a time. I am very, very jealous.

Still got a couple of spots left on this trip.

I have a couple of 1250's and on F850 available to take you effortlessly around this wonderful destination.

Attachments

• Yukon sign copy.jpg
    Yukon sign copy.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 186
Be there virtually Chris, wish I was there in person (y)

Back
Top Bottom