V4S Multistrada query

BDG

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
When I close the throttle the bike has too much engine braking, I reckon under 4,000 rpm it’s going onto 2 cylinders the way it does at tickover in traffic to stop you frying your legs.

The bike is nearly 3 months old and done 3200 miles.

I’ve ridden 4 other V4’s including a 2500 mile road test to France last year. None of the other bike’s exhibited this trait.

The bike goes back to the dealer in 2 weeks but wonder if anyone has experienced this please? It does make the bikes response less than smooth when on and off the throttle and I find the lurching feeling very annoying.

My bike is more economical averaging 44.5 mpg whereas the test bike to France averaged 37 mpg. I do wonder if Ducati have done something to make it more economical but again the other 2022 models I’ve ridden didn’t do this.

Mine is a 2022, only done about 3,500 miles. On Friday I rode a courtesy V4S whilst mine was having its metal luggage and red side panels fitted.

The loan bike had a few less miles on it, the clutch felt very different compared with mine.

I’ve found it to be very smooth with impressive engine braking, probably better than on the boxer engined GSAs and RTs I’ve owned and ridden. The fueling is very smooth.

The compromises are the chain, which I’m cleaning and lubing this morning and the fuel range, possibly not helped by my right hand but nonetheless possibly a third of the range of my last GSA.

Mine is a 2022, only done about 3,500 miles. On Friday I rode a courtesy V4S whilst mine was having its metal luggage and red side panels fitted.

The loan bike had a few less miles on it, the clutch felt very different compared with mine.

I’ve found it to be very smooth with impressive engine braking, probably better than on the boxer engined GSAs and RTs I’ve owned and ridden. The fueling is very smooth.

The compromises are the chain, which I’m cleaning and lubing this morning and the fuel range, possibly not helped by my right hand but nonetheless possibly a third of the range of my last GSA.

On the chain front , Im using the low Maintenace chain Regina HPE , covered 2000 miles now , no lube , perfect . Just about to do another 2500 in spain , again no lube . Fuel range is a bit errrrrr , but fun burning it mind.

Back
Top Bottom