West coast Scotland 2023 Accommodation?

team duvet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Okay, nothing like a recommendation.

You lot that's been up the West coast Scotland this year I am looking at early summer 2023, prefer a pub with accommodation etc or a decent hotel.

Where ya been, stopped?

:thumb2
TD

The Corran guesthouse in Oban is very reasonable and totally biker friendly. A group of us went up in May, and 8 of us are going again soon. 8 of us (all blokes) staying in 2 dorm type rooms, but they have a wide variety depending on your needs. Good pub
food,beer and live music at weekends too.

The Corran is very good:thumb2

A group of us stayed there a few years ago and they put us in the cottage.

Not sure if it’s changed at all

Another vote for the Corran bunk.

The The Strontian pub/hotel at Strontian is Ok too

The Old Inn pub/B&B & bunkhouse at Carbost on Skye by the distillery is good.

I stayed at the Invershin hotel/bunkhouse just last week. Not the west coast but a good launch spot for everywhere North.

If budget stretches I suspect the rooms at the Applecross Inn are as good as the rest of the pub - which is excellent.

And I’ve been to the Torran Bay Hostel a few times. Great value. Big hotel sized and styled rooms. DIY breakfast is the only reason I can think of why they call it a hostel not hotel.

I last went up midweek in late April 2019 and booked a 4 berth pod in Glencoe at the Invercoe site right on the banks of Kinlochleven they do camping, pods, cabins, caravans and holiday homes, super place to stay. Biker friendly, fuel, pub, shop, cafe, and other facilities nearby great place to stay, handy for the ferries and all points west.

https://www.invercoe.co.uk/

I last went up midweek in late April 2019 and booked a 4 berth pod in Glencoe at the Invercoe site right on the banks of Kinlochleven they do camping, pods, cabins, caravans and holiday homes, super place to stay. Biker friendly, fuel, pub, shop, cafe, and other facilities nearby great place to stay, handy for the ferries and all points west.

https://www.invercoe.co.uk/

Back
Top Bottom