Romaldkirk - sort of area - B&B wanted

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Already planning our trip for next year. We have stayed in the rose and Crown in Romaldkirk several times now but they are starting to ask ridiculous prices - GBP 185 for a single room for 1 night B&B.
Anyone got any other suggestions for something similar in the area? We are looking for 5 rooms B&B preferably in a local pub were we can also get a evening meal.

Grantmac,

I've just had a very quick look around your preferred location, somewhere I was unfamiliar with in case it was a remote spot, at a glance on Google maps it shows a huge selection of options, some with very good reviews. All within 10km of course prices shown today may not reflect your chosen dates that might be in peak season, you do not state when you intend to visit.

They vary from small B&B's up to Hotels as expensive as the one you cite, but there are plenty in and around the area. A quick glance shows most on Booking.com and similar; when I'm organising such trips I have always found it to be more beneficial to speak direct with the bookings manager by phone, quote the rate via these sites as this secures a price that negates the intermediate's fee and works out better all round.

Good luck.

Reeth is just down the road and surrounded by great roads. The Black Bull was good last autumn and I have used the Kings Head before. Plenty of other B&B etc in the village.

Black Bull is £60 B&B single, £80 double for a random date next month. The first date I tried was a lot more so presumably some sort of event in the area.

another cracking place is the Howard Arms in Brampton. Great for a foray into the Scottish Borders and D&G as well as Northumberland and Cumbria

Back
Top Bottom