G/S Paint

SteveHop

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Im thinking of having the tank painted on my G/S .
Alpine white.
And the painter has said to me , do i want the clearcoat "gloss" or "semi gloss"
Any ideas which is correct ?

Thanks

Im thinking of having the tank painted on my G/S .
Alpine white.
And the painter has said to me , do i want the clearcoat "gloss" or "semi gloss"
Any ideas which is correct ?

Thanks

You want full gloss. Note also that there are three versions of Alpine white. Make sure your painter uses the right on if you want it original. One is very white, the others creamier. Google bmw motorcycle paint codes

You want full gloss. Note also that there are three versions of Alpine white. Make sure your painter uses the right on if you want it original. One is very white, the others creamier. Google bmw motorcycle paint codes

Thanks . i like the creamier version but i want it to be correct.

Reckon its this one --

Alpine White

Paint code -146

Scheme Codes - 592 / 620 / 628 / 629 / 637 / 638 / 642 / 649 / 659 / 693 / 737 / 793 / 999

Models use on -R45, R45N, R45T, R45TN, R65, R65T, R65 Mono (all), R65GS, R80G/S, R80GS, R80GS Basic & Kalahari, R80GSPD, R100GS, R100GSPD, R1100GS, R1100S, R1150GS, K75C, K1200RS, K1200S

I used a Ford Transit White with gloss clearcoat.

It has remained whiter than white :D

Do you know where i can find out any more info on this ? I just seem to fing paint code 146 qhich is very white ?

Steve I just went with Arctic White (albeit in pearlescent) - Mick the Paint did the job for me

(The yellowish tinge is a lighting artefact)

IMG_4900.jpg

Back
Top Bottom