Reaction score
Anyone had issues with the new rukka nivala 2/raptor r jacket
Especially with leaking water through arm vents
Sent my 2 month old jacket back to rukka via fc Moto
They’ve come back saying there’s no defects with it
But they have re impregnated it
I know the jacket was leaking water otherwise I wouldn’t of sent it back
Any one with same issues

Not quite the same issue but I had the same issue with thigh vents on my Klim Traverse troos. Embarrasingly it turned out that I hadn't quite close the zip vent and once I learned to do that, all was well.

Might be bollocks but deffo worth double checking...

Paid 2k for Nivala jacket and pants and 8 months later the zip is fooked and moto-central need to send it back to trans am whom will no doubt send it to Finland, can’t imagine this being a quick process.

Zip fucked up on my Nivala jacket. Repaired and better since. Not impressed really for the price of it. Would look at other options next time.

So there not fully waterproof
FC Moto are saying they are sending suit back to me but I don’t won’t it
Lost faith in rukka totally
Taking PayPal case out against them

I've also bought the Rukka nivala jacket and pants and did cost just under a 2 grand.. as got fed up with getting soak and putting waterproofs over my previous textiles then end up sweating to death.. up to now very pleased with the Rukka suit and have been caught a few times in rain and stayed dry but can't say for sure if fully waterproof as up to now just been light showers.. but surely the price the rukka suit costs it's got to be waterproof if not I will let Rukka know what I think of them.. also bought the Nikwax wash and water repellent conditioner so when the time comes to wash the suit its still retains the waterproofing.. well that's the plan! but will keep you updated if ever get caught in heavy rain if fully waterproof :thumb

I stopped wearing Rukka (sold mine on eBay) after I discovered how crap the protection was.

Incredibly, the latest Nivala 2 only has a CE A rating (the lowest possible protection rating). Rukka’s taking the piss by charging £2k for a suit that offers abrasion resistance up to 28 mph.

Hideout Hi-Pro and BKS 100SX textiles are made-to-measure, considerably more protective than Rukka, and made in Britain. Why do people spend similar money on (Chinese-made) Rukka? I think Rukka’s living off its name – when it was made in Finland or Portugal – back in the day.

Some items don't go all the way back to Rukka depending on the issue, but you can get a loan jacket etc if required whilst yours is off for repair.

In all honesty, we deal with quite a few warranty issues with higher end products - more so than cheap items but that's because the end user hs paid so much they expect it to be perfect... rightly so too!

This being said, most Rukka issues are small niggles people want sorting out which aren't major - very few actual problems like a broken zip though - but we'll always have them sorted as quickly as we possibly can for you :)

If you haven't already, get this over to the guys and we'll send this off for repair.

Same issue with FC Moto, sent some Rukka trousers back once and they returned them to say they are fine. Rode the nest day and they let water in!

Update on rukka suit
I went down the PayPal route to make a case
But today have had reply from PayPal stating they have judged in favour of fc Moto
So looks like I’m just going to take suit back
As I ride all year round all I can do is send back in under guarantee if it leaks again
I thought rukka gear was supposed to be the best on market

Thanks motocentral for your offer
Unfortunately I bought from fc Moto in Germany because I’m living in Ireland
So had to send back to them

Well my Rukka Navigator suit is over 6 years old, is worn all year around and is still 100% waterproof. So it was a good buy. As for the new ratings on new kit, A, AA etc, the test is a backward step from the old testing of kit. But I do agree Rukka is expensive now for what you get. I will be going to BKS for my next suit. I have a made to measure pair of leather trousers and they are brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom